Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone mount rear view mirrors on their handlebars or front rack? What works best? Anyone fab their own?

·
Registered
272 Posts
The most interesting place I've seen someone put a mirror is strapped to the back of their hand. The guy could move his hand around to get the view he needed and it didn't seem to get in the way of his riding.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I ended up putting kolpin hand guards with mirrors in them they are under 100.00 and work well. If wife has lights on on her atv i can just look quick and tell if lights still behind me . ( so i know i have to try and go faster to loose her.. she is like the terminator..lol)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I definitely like the look of that. I often pull a trailer and that setup would be handy for backing. Let me know how it works.

·
Registered
111 Posts
The mirror works great for a quick check to see if someone is there but it’s a little to far away to get good detail. It works out perfect for what I wanted it for but could be to far away for your purpose. It’s a $5 bell bicycle mirror from Walmart so no great loss if it doesn’t work.

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thats a nice setup.but we go trough some nast bush and that mirrow off rack would break. Maybe they have one you can fold in?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Thats a nice setup.but we go trough some nast bush and that mirrow off rack would break. Maybe they have one you can fold in?
If your talking about the powermadd's they do fold in behind the guard when needed. Zoom in and you'll see the one spring loaded screw that holds them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I’ve found that mirrors on the end of the handlebars turned into a disaster, while turning the bars and ducking low limbs... caught it in the throat... I’d like to have some on the forward rack (larger than the bicycle mirrors) and not on the ends of the bars.

Anyone seen the joke pic of a Kodiak with dodge truck mirrors??? 😂
https://images.app.goo.gl/yJHZYWMeiw1XcC189

·
Registered
111 Posts
I’ve found that mirrors on the end of the handlebars turned into a disaster, while turning the bars and ducking low limbs... caught it in the throat... I’d like to have some on the forward rack (larger than the bicycle mirrors) and not on the ends of the bars.

Anyone seen the joke pic of a Kodiak with dodge truck mirrors??? 😂
https://images.app.goo.gl/yJHZYWMeiw1XcC189
That’s hilarious!!

Monday I went riding and broke brush for a good 1/2 mile and my little mirror stayed intact. So far so good.

Here’s a pick of the terrain I’m in.

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have found some mirrors at a local atv dealer that will mount on the front rack and will fold in. Very similar to those on early fifties trucks. About a 4.5 inch lens. Not covex so the image is accurate

·
Registered
4 Posts
Colorado Kodiak, are you the guy that has the videos on youtube? With a green Kodiak? If so, what type of mirror and mount do you have on your rack?

Thanks

·
Registered
448 Posts
I think the Powermadd Sentinel hand guards has to be the way to go. They are as in a good location, and should be solid and safe as it can be.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I had mirrors mounted on the handle bars of both bikes. I recently moved both to the front racks. This set them out wider without hanging out past the fenders. In the case of the Kodiak, I mounted a cargo box on the rear rack and it obstructed the view of the handlebar mounted mirrors. We also ride with lights on so we can see whoever is behind at a glance.
So far, brush hasn't been an issue.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Colorado Kodiak, are you the guy that has the videos on youtube? With a green Kodiak? If so, what type of mirror and mount do you have on your rack?

Thanks
Yes, I'm the same guy. I bought my mirror from the bicycle section at Walmart. It doesn't work that great. I use it to glance back to see if my fellow rider(s) are still behind me. It would work better if it was convexed and not flat. I like the idea of the PowerMadd handguards with the mirrors off the ends.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts