Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking for roll protection for my steering should it ever take a tumble. Sure would be great to drive it out after / self recovery situation. I’ve seen these all over Afghanistan...anyone know of a similar option? I’m gonna have to fabricate myself if so... good thing the wife let me buy a MIG welder last week.

Attachments

·
Registered
344 Posts
I've never seen anything like those.
I sure wouldn't want to get caught under them.
Tell you wife she is a wonderful woman, and the new bars need a TIG welder! ;-)

·
Registered
46 Posts
My unit had those and they are nice when you have your atv overloaded and driving like it's a government owned piece of equipment, but otherwise if we were just out riding not doing anything important then off they came. I searched for some on the civilian market a while back and had no luck. I don't think it would be too hard to fabricate, just get some round tubing of your choice and find an electrician near you with a electric Chicago bender and they should be able to bend it in one piece then just Fab the mounts to wherever you decide to mount it. Best of luck and if you end up doing it post some pics I'd be interested to see it done. Take care!

·
Super Moderator
1,776 Posts
You would have to find a specialty bender to bend that type of radius. Bends in electrical conduits have a much larger radius for pulling wires through it.

My biggest fear would be both laying it over on its side or rolling it and having the bars roll over or pin me to the ground.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am at an impasse, seems I’d have to do way too much beefing up under the rack to withstand any weight so I just decided:
1. You guys are mostly right about the “getting pinned” part so after much consultation with the Almighty I’ve decoded against it.
2. I don’t plan on buying that sticker that says “don’t follow me”, “you won’t make it”.

Thanks guys!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts