Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me approx how many miles can I go on a full tank of gas? Just looking for a general idea, average riding. Thanks..

·
Registered
112 Posts
I don't know as I don't have a speedometer, but on a recent run in very cold weather on very icy roads in 4X4 the whole time I burned $13 worth of gas to go 130 km (as measured on the odometer of a friend's Arctic Cat). Gas was just under $1.30 per liter, so I burned close to 10 liters to go 130km. In American, that's about 2.6 US gallons to go 80 miles

·
Registered
129 Posts
In slow trail riding I get about 20 MPG. Speeds averaging 10 MPH with ups and downs and some mud-throwing wheel spinning for fun >:)

·
Registered
106 Posts
I actually get pretty good MPG I run mostly trails thru the woods with most speeds below 20mph. I usually average right at 20MPG so I know I can do 80miles no problem. I'd be interested to see what some 27" tires do to the MPG's but I'll have to wait till I upgrade to some bigger tires. Compared to my buddies 2003 Polaris sportsman 700 I get twice the MPG's when we ride together. His is 12yrs older and carbs so not really a fair comparison.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts