Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to let all of you know that if you don't snap closed your cargo box, in front of the seat, the mice can and will get in there. I did not have mine open, but I did not have it snapped tight and they built a nest in there, in just a few days.

·
Super Moderator
1,239 Posts
I'd check the rest of it out since mice like to chew on wiring and it doesn't take them long to do a lot of damage

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Madmax

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, that is a good point, I am amazed at the amount of things they destroyed that I carry in that compartment. Thanks for the tip.

·
Super Moderator
1,239 Posts
Go down to the store and purchase a box of moth balls. Then get a old pair and I mean a old pair of your wife's or girlfriends panty hose or plain old nylons and put the moth balls into it. Then hang them on and around the wheeler when you are not riding it.

Or get a couple of snakes.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Reactions: Madmax

·
Super Moderator
1,239 Posts
Most domestic cats nowadays wouldn't have the slightest idea of what to do with a mouse. Now if that cat was raised out on the farm all bets are off

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I looked that up and I see if cats don't grow up hunting mice they never will, no incentive. Getting a bit political, I know some people like that!

·
Super Moderator
1,239 Posts
My sister had a cat that would go out and catch a mouse and then bring it back home and deposit it at the front door. I guess that the cat expected my mom to cook it

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, you are right about wanting it cooked, and a new pillow to sleep on after lunch!

·
Registered
23 Posts
also, you should remove your seat when not in use for a while--the mice like to bundle up under there and form nests---i had mice eat through my wiring harness and ever since that i never leave my seat attached

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OK, thanks, you guys are making me kind of paranoid! I am going to put some poison under it when I leave it for a day or more. I am going out to look under the seat right now.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I had left my toolbox unlatched once, and a pack of hot and spicy peanuts was in there, sure nuff, dang mouse got in there and chewed the corner out of the pack and ate some...never seen the first mouse, but now I know

·
Registered
530 Posts
On hot days I was popping mine open just let the heat escape because it gets pretty warm in there sitting right above the motor. Guess I won’t be doing that anymore.

·
Registered
294 Posts
On hot days I was popping mine open just let the heat escape because it gets pretty warm in there sitting right above the motor. Guess I won’t be doing that anymore.
I throw some tacos in there sometimes to warm them for about a 15 minute smooth trail haha

·
Registered
183 Posts
My sister had a cat that would go out and catch a mouse and then bring it back home and deposit it at the front door. I guess that the cat expected my mom to cook it

A present from the kitty, their way of giving back! :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts