Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running this? Thinking of installing one along with an EJK programmer. The muffler is supposedly not offensively loud. Thoughts?

·
Registered
348 Posts
I was looking on youtube and they look like they were made from sheet metal and painted black. Have you considered a 2R racing tip instead?
Could save you some money, but they are a bit louder.
I tried the tip, but in my neighborhood decided on a quieter setup... HMF Titan QS - Quiet series.
It was only 1db louder than stock, but with a much better tone.

RJWC makes a real nice looking muffler, but it seems to be on the louder side IMO.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
all I can see the 2r tip giving me is noise and that's not what I'm after. I just want to get this thing breathing better. The factory emissions compliant crap is choking these machines off imo. I'm also looking at the HMF but it is pricey up here.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Air filter, exhaust, and a fuel tuner and your there.

Have you played with the weights or the clutch yet?
There's a lot of zip from those as well.
They reduce that utility feel.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haven't touched the clutch weights. I might not. I'll see how I make out with a tuner and exhaust.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Air filter, exhaust, and a fuel tuner and your there.

Have you played with the weights or the clutch yet?
There's a lot of zip from those as well.
They reduce that utility feel.
I agree with this clutching statement.

My little 09 550 Grizzly (37hp) pulls in a very similar way to my buddies 09 700 Grizzly ( 45 hp) . We've often switched back and forth and both noticed it.

Both engines are stock. He runs stock clutching, and I run a Coop 45 machined sheave with a 0.5mm shim and Orange Epi spring. This gives me true 3:1 initial cvt ratio vs his stock being around 2.4 :1 ratio. (25% lower initial gearing)
Both bike's top speed are within 1 to 2 mph from each other.

Clutching makes that big of difference!

P.S. Sorry for going off topic.

Reactions: Primethious

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My interest in exhaust and tuner is not really due to wanting more power. My reasoning is that these engines aren't breathing right and running too lean which creates excess heat which I believe can shorten the lifespan of the engine. I may do the clutching upgrades and I may not.

·
Registered
62 Posts
My interest in exhaust and tuner is not really due to wanting more power. My reasoning is that these engines aren't breathing right and running too lean which creates excess heat which I believe can shorten the lifespan of the engine. I may do the clutching upgrades and I may not.
I got a HMF on my bike with the silencer core , sounds good seems to flow good! not to loud but good sound without the silencer it is very loud.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts