Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what the opinions are on tire sizes with stock clutching on the 700. I know the kodiak has heavier clutch weights so I'm worried that if I go higher than 26s I'll get bad throttle response/clutch issues. My friend runs 27in mudlites on his '14 grizzly without any issues. I know his clutch is lighter, but my motor is bigger...soooo, would 27s be safe?

·
Registered
39 Posts
i wheelied my 700 with stock tires on it in low just stand up slam your butt down on the back of the seat and hammer the throttle down, i just put 26in tires on so i havent tried to wheelie yet but it took some doing with stock tires so i doubt it will do it with my 26s on it without the clutch work being done

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ive read good and bad things about the mega mayhems, whats your take on them? can they be a trail tire as well as a mud tire?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just so u know what kind of guy I am, I am the guy who doesn't worry about proving myself to strangers. U want to know spend some money and buy a set. Then u can do it too and thank me for the good advice later.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just wondering what the opinions are on tire sizes with stock clutching on the 700. I know the kodiak has heavier clutch weights so I'm worried that if I go higher than 26s I'll get bad throttle response/clutch issues. My friend runs 27in mudlites on his '14 grizzly without any issues. I know his clutch is lighter, but my motor is bigger...soooo, would 27s be safe?
I run 29.5 outlaws and can still wheelie on the stuck clutch, but I don’t have quite enough low end power to spin all 4 in thick mud

·
Registered
699 Posts
Start new thread. 4 year old threads won't give you the proper coverage you seek.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts