Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 kodiak 700 base model. I had some SSL tube speakers on it which I thought were very good speakers until….they caught on fire and burnt the front of my kodiak. I’ve already ordered and received most parts I need to fix it but with everything being burnt/melted away I’m I’m unsure of routing of the main wiring harness. I’ve searched all over the internet for any videos or forums but no luck on any info. I’ll take any advice/knowledge anyone has to offer
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

·
Registered
25 Posts
You may want to jump on Ebay and order a service manual for your machine. It will cover all the wiring and everything else you may need. I got one on Ebay a while back and I believe it was $12 - certainly worth the cost if you do your own work. Good luck. Rewiring them can be a pain due to the wiring being tucked behind and under everything.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Yamaha Kodiak 700 base model
2,247 Posts
Sounds like you need a few pictures of how the harness is ran from the battery compartment to other areas.

If no one gets you anything I'll have to take a box off of my front rack and see what I can do for you in a couple of days.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You may want to jump on Ebay and order a service manual for your machine. It will cover all the wiring and everything else you may need. I got one on Ebay a while back and I believe it was $12 - certainly worth the cost if you do your own work. Good luck. Rewiring them can be a pain due to the wiring being tucked behind and under everything.
Sounds like you need a few pictures of how the harness is ran from the battery compartment to other areas.

If no one gets you anything I'll have to take a box off of my front rack and see what I can do for you in a couple of days.
Thanks! That would be really helpful! I friend of mine has a grizzly close to the same year model. I thought about taking a look at his but wasn’t sure if it would be the same as mine considering it’s a different model

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I may do that. I been looking at some of the manuals online but didn’t know if it would have the info I need. But hell I’ve already spent $2000 on parts, what’s another $12? Lol

·
Super Moderator
2,247 Posts
The Grizzly should be close enough, I can't imaging the routing being much different.

Plus being able to put your hands on it and actually look at it will help a lot.

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk

·
Grizzled Moderator
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
478 Posts
Agree with Jim as it will be nice to have that right there to see directly while shifting wires around a bit. Preference would be if the Grizzly year is 2016-2018 as those years have the same 708cc engine as your 2017. Not sure if the wiring harness from years with the 686 would match up as well or not but could probably still help if it is a 2019+ Grizzly. Prior to 2016, the Grizzly had a different frame and plastics.

You might also consider getting a fire extinguisher mounted to one of your racks if you plan to have another sound tube running high Amps. I don't have a sound tube on mine but still carry an externally mounted fire extinguisher as I could come upon someone else who needs it.

Reactions: Madmax

·
Super Moderator
2,247 Posts
You might also consider getting a fire extinguisher mounted to one of your racks if you plan to have another sound tube running high Amps. I don't have a sound tube on mine but still carry an externally mounted fire extinguisher as I could come upon someone else who needs it.
Along with it being fused just off of the battery

·
Registered
25 Posts
I may do that. I been looking at some of the manuals online but didn’t know if it would have the info I need. But hell I’ve already spent $2000 on parts, what’s another $12? Lol
In section two of mine (sorry, I have the 450 so I can't help you a ton) they have a cable routing section that lays out every cable, breather, etc, and shows a diagram of where stuff goes. Maybe someone with the manual for your machine can screenshot a photo of it and the reference # pages - you may have a few other things like hoses that got torched and they would also be listed in the diagram. Good luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts