Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kodiak 700 EPS SE
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the 2021 Kodiak 700 out for its maiden voyage on Saturday. She got hot at 1 point, the temp got up to 257(f) degrees . I stopped and had lunch, the temp got down to 145 (f) and never got over 160(f) for the 30 mile ride back, I let the dealer know, I never did here the fan run. I am taking it in for a checkup before the 100 mile ride this weekend.

kodaik700.jpg

·
Registered
369 Posts
Dude that looks like a good time. I dont experience many problems with overheating. But the only time mine ever had the temp light on. There was just a bunch of mud blocking my radiator. So keep an eye out for that. Only 1 time in 500 hrs.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Temp should not be getting up to 257 F ! That's way too hot

The fact that the fan didn't come on is major concern.

Reactions: Madmax and JD864

·
Super Moderator
1,777 Posts
For some reason the dealers don't like to top of the coolant reservoir when they do their inspections or checks.

But I also agree that 257 is way too hot and with the fans not coming on it could be something as simple as them being unplugged. But the dealer should of caught it the first time before it was sold.

·
Super Moderator
834 Posts
No way that should ever get to 257. There is definitely an issue with your fan, it should have come on and cycled several times during your ride.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha Kodiak 700 EPS SE with full Ricochet 10 piece skid plates, warn vr-x 25 winch.
88 Posts
I took the 2021 Kodiak 700 out for its maiden voyage on Saturday. She got hot at 1 point, the temp got up to 257(f) degrees . I stopped and had lunch, the temp got down to 145 (f) and never got over 160(f) for the 30 mile ride back, I let the dealer know, I never did here the fan run. I am taking it in for a checkup before the 100 mile ride this weekend.

View attachment 10608
Max temp i got was 207F

·
Registered
1,029 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kodiak 700 EPS SE
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did some checking, the antifreeze is right on the low line, it doesn't appear I lost any fluid, going to take it on another ride this weekend, I will document any anomalies for the dealer. The dealer thinks it was a glitch with the system. I guess we will see. Hopefully it all goes smooth. I dont want to have to walk to far.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I did some checking, the antifreeze is right on the low line, it doesn't appear I lost any fluid, going to take it on another ride this weekend, I will document any anomalies for the dealer. The dealer thinks it was a glitch with the system. I guess we will see. Hopefully it all goes smooth. I dont want to have to walk to far.
Why not start it and let it idle in your drive way to see if the fan comes on ?

·
Super Moderator
1,777 Posts
No idea on how far you want to dig into it yourself but here are some PDF's on the fan motor. There is a fuse, circuit breaker, and relay involved along with a temperature sensor.

Attachments

Reactions: Vincent

·
Registered
1,029 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kodiak 700 EPS SE
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, its in the shop, no fan. I hope to hear something tomorrow.

·
Registered
489 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Hopefully, if the fan itself needs replacing, it's not one of those things that's on 12 week backorder.

·
Super Moderator
1,777 Posts
The fan should be no problem, PartZilla shows them in stock for a 2020 and I am pretty sure that it is the same fan. Only they call it a blower...

Reactions: Blmpkn

·
Registered
355 Posts
Ah so that's good. Good blowing blowers are available to replace your blown blower.

..I'm sure some "second wife" joke could be made here but I'm a mature adult so I wont.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts