Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Every time I turn the handlebars, and then try to use the front brake, the lever goes all the way to the handlebars with no brake effect.

After 4 or 5 pumps, the brake firms back up and works. Until the next time I turn the bars.

Keeping the quad pointed straight forward produces no such problem. Brake Fluid reservoir is full.

What could it be?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Every time I turn the handlebars, and then try to use the front brake, the lever goes all the way to the handlebars with no brake effect.

After 4 or 5 pumps, the brake firms back up and works. Until the next time I turn the bars.

Keeping the quad pointed straight forward produces no such problem. Brake Fluid reservoir is full.

What could it be?
Sounds like something is causing the front calipers to open when you turn the handlebars.It will take a few pumps after that to bring them back close on the rotors. Check both front calipers for interference with anything while turning handlebars. Maybe for debris like sticks or rocks that prevent them to close freely .

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like something is causing the front calipers to open when you turn the handlebars.It will take a few pumps after that to bring them back close on the rotors. Check both front calipers for interference with anything while turning handlebars. Maybe for debris like sticks or rocks that prevent them to close freely .
Thank you! Figured it out. A Arm Guards were striking the caliper at full lock. Cut and bent the A Arm Guards and everything is fine now.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Glad you figured it out and thanks for reporting back with the fix to your problem! Now get back to riding!:grin2:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thank you! Figured it out. A Arm Guards were striking the caliper at full lock. Cut and bent the A Arm Guards and everything is fine now.
hello u say it was hiting the front aarm guards im wondering how that made u lose brakes your lever was going all the way in thats what mines doing 2019 se just got it was in the mud in 4x4 turned the bars left to right then brakes were gone backed out pumped them and they came back then in the mud they went again got out themud pumed a few more times then they came back is that about whatr yours wasa doing im gona check my guards to see if theres interference

·
Registered
530 Posts
This is a 3 year old thread. You should start a new one. And start by trying to bleed the break lines incase there is any air in them.

·
Registered
22 Posts
i found out it was the thick mud that was hiting the calipers when i turned the wheel back n forth u only have to move 1 caliper a tiny bit and it will lose all handle and have to pump them back up but i may try bleding

1 - 8 of 8 Posts