Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

2020 Kodiak 700 here. I'm currently using a pair of 12" wide ramps to get the ATV in the back of the truck, but started looking around at tri-folds as a space saver to tuck under the quad for travelling - and for a bit more peace of mind, TBH.

I've found a few here in Canada, but am finding the quality brands fairly narrow at 46" - I'm wondering if a 46" wide ramp is adequate for loading and unloading a 700 in the back of the truck (a 1500). If anyone has any - please share your experience!

Thanks.

·
Grizzled Moderator
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
478 Posts
I have the Bosski Aluminum RevArc90 Tri-Fold Arched ATV Ramp for my modern 1-ton truck that sits a bit high. It is very stable and I’ve never had a problem using it. I do have an 8 foot bed on my truck as the RevArc90 is 90” long (7’ 6”). There is a shorter version of the RevArc if you have a shorter bed but I’ve never used the shorter ramp.

If you are not very experienced with ramp loading ATVs in trucks, go as long as possible on the ramp and back up to inclines to decrease the steepness of the ramp for loading/unloading.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Yamaha Kodiak 700 base model
2,247 Posts
I can't help you much on the ramps but when I purchased my first 4 wheeler I just made my own ramps out of some 1" angle iron and rebar. The 1" angle wasn't strong enough so I capped it with another piece of 1". They are 7' long and I can't imagine loading with anything shorter. Even the racks that I have that sit up on the bed rails the ramps are 11' long and it seams like they are quite steep. My truck is a Ford F250 4x4.

One thing that you can always do is to remove the tailgate and allow the ramps to sit on top of the bumper to lower the height down just a bit. Also I always load my Kodiak while in 4x4, it works a lot easier that way.

·
Registered
19 Kodiak SE, Backcountry Blue, 27” Reptiles, 1” wheel spacers, 20* weights, shims, purple spring
664 Posts
Good thought. Mine is short enough (therefore steep enough) that it’s Low Range, 4x4 to go in or out. That 1st couple times were exciting! Lol! Now I mostly haul in a trailer. Depends on where I’m going

1 - 10 of 10 Posts