Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the time has come to buy a lightbar. As of now, this is the current forerunner.

Rigid Industries 10 Inch Spot/Driving Combo SR-Series Pro RIGID Industries

Rectangle Automotive exterior Font Auto part Musical instrument accessory

·
Registered
361 Posts
I really like my Rough Country, well made,great wiring harness. It has a driving light also..

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nobody wants to comment.. it's just us buddy!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Everyone is working..

·
Super Moderator
1,919 Posts
I have thought about a light bar but it would just get in the way if I throw a deer or a elk up on the front rack to get it back to the truck.

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My moose bumper has a bar on the top, just where I would want it.. I’ll get a pic..

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Found it on Amazon for $305! I'll cancel my Optics Planet order of $316 (out of stock) tomorrow

·
Registered
766 Posts
I've got a kimpex 7.5" dual row combo bar on mine mounted on front bumper. I've had it submerged a few times and it's never missed a beat. Bright as heck and draws 3 amps. Way less money than rigid and made with components that likely originated in the same place as those that rigid uses.

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice light.. I'm glad it's working for you. All this stuff is pretty much the same.

·
Registered
2021 Kodiak 700 Stock 2019 Kodiak 450 1.5” lift on 27s 2018 Kodiak 450 Stock
48 Posts
These days isn’t a light bar just like any other? You can get as big of one as you want for <$100. Small ones are like $30.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Chinese junk..

·
Registered
2021 Kodiak 700 Stock 2019 Kodiak 450 1.5” lift on 27s 2018 Kodiak 450 Stock
48 Posts
Lol that’s like calling a tv Chinese junk. Well no **** it’s Chinese buts it’s a light not an atv.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Tv's are Chinese junk. The light output of my Rough Country light is incredible, I've owned those cheap lights. You get what you pay for. I will buy Chinese as long as I'm not counting on it, because it will let you down..

Reactions: bachman44

·
Super Moderator
1,919 Posts
And where do you suppose that those Rough Country lights are manufactured?

Perhaps to a higher standard than the norm.

·
Registered
361 Posts
They are assembled in the USA. Who makes the parts is anyone's guess. It's the quality of the parts. The harness is top quality, the same for the switch.When you pick up the light you can tell it's not a cheap one. When you shake it, it doesn't sound like a baby's rattle..

·
Super Moderator
959 Posts
Being made in china or USA or wherever isn't the point. The cheap ones aren't consistent. I have a 12" and then a 14" on my old Honda, both were rated higher wattage and pulled more amps than my buddies cheap 8" on his Honda. All 3 were just cheap chinesium ones from Amazon, but his 8" was brighter and drew less amperage than either of mine, my 12" was the least expensive of the even, and my 14" was the most expensive. Then take my 2 3" rigid pods with only 4 LEDs in each, and they were way brighter than all the bars but also cost more than all 3 bars combined.
You get what you pay for in the big n as me led pods and bars.
With that said, the cheap Chinese ones are fine for use in most atv. Save the real expensive stuff for use on a truck or heavy equipment.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Grizzled Mod
348 Posts
It is probably correct that the actual LEDs used are most likely the same. But that is not what drives the light output. It is all about the light optics and how that light is focused. Better LED lights have much better optics, thus better focused light where the light rays are supposed to be. I replaced a recommended Chinese made 12” dual row CREE bar light with a DiodeDynamics 8” single row SAE driving light and my observation is the DD light output is definitely better.

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
766 Posts
Tv's are Chinese junk. The light output of my Rough Country light is incredible, I've owned those cheap lights. You get what you pay for. I will buy Chinese as long as I'm not counting on it, because it will let you down..
The rough country lights are as Chinese as the rest of them.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts