Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy yall,
New here and new to the Kodiak 700. I'm currently installing a light bar, but I don't want it wired into my normal lights. Personally I'd prefer a completely seperate switch to operate them. Can anyone throw some pictures up of their placements?

Super Moderator
Depending on the light bar that you get you will be limited in where you plan on placing it. In other words a 12" bar won't fit into the area that a 6" one will.

I would just take a real good look at the front of the Kodiak and see where you would like to mount one. If you plan on using the front rack then it will either need to go under it or somewhere low.

As for wiring, I would use a relay that is powered by key on power. You can place a switch on the relay power and then run the lights directly off of the battery.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I already have the light bar and light pods bought and mounted. The wiring is already figured out along with that. Im just looking for switch placement ideas.

Super Moderator
Ok, It sounded like you wanted ideas on the bar.

Anyway, a member on here just got done placing some lights on his and put a rocker switch down on the fender in the accessories outlet area. I'll see if I can find the post.

The picture is in post #49 in this thread

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Appreciate it my dude. I apologize if my response sounded rude, it was in no way meant to be taken that way.

Registered

Grizzled Mod
You could always go with a handlebar mount 12v DC light switch. Do a search for "Motorcycle Handlebar Switch ATV Handlebar Light Switch 12V CNC Aluminium Alloy Push Botton Waterproof Switches for Motorcycle Light Bike Light Spotlight- Fits 7/8" Handlebars (22mm)"

Registered
the switch run to the accessories port was about as easy as you can get, there is already wire fed down that way anyways.. let us know where you ended up mounting it!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I ended up removing the warning for riders 16 and over. I made my own switch bracket and installed them this way.

Super Moderator
Looks good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts