Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
I can't see there being a difference in 19 and 20 kodiaks. If you pick up a kit, grab some spare axles while your at it. You'll probably need them sooner rather than later.

·
Grizzled Mod
182 Posts
Some report getting away with OEM axles, some break them with 2" lifts. Just depends what you're doing with your Kodiak, torque put on the axles because of your specific (mud) areas you are riding, your riding style and tires you are spinning.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some report getting away with OEM axles, some break them with 2" lifts. Just depends what you're doing with your Kodiak, torque put on the axles because of your specific (mud) areas you are riding, your riding style and tires you are spinning.
Im just using it for work around the farm and trail riding. im currently looking to put on 28 inch tires and body lift if needed.

·
Super Moderator
1,444 Posts
It is the CV joints that you will destroy with the lift.

While they are designed for up and down movements a constant flex in them is what does them in

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Billybob

·
Registered
663 Posts
why would I need axles? a 2 inch lift cause that much strain on the units?
Take a look at the angle your axles are already on then picture where that angle will be with a two inch lift. There a lots of people running 28's on the Kodiak 700 with no lift. I have 27's and there is lots of room for a 28.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Honestly for what your doing I wouldn’t install a lift, you’ll pick up some ground clearance with just the taller tires.

·
Registered
19 Kodiak SE, Backcountry Blue, 27” Reptiles, 1” wheel spacers, 20* weights, shims, purple spring
162 Posts
Honestly for what your doing I wouldn’t install a lift, you’ll pick up some ground clearance with just the taller tires.
I agree. And the Kodiak is already outstanding for ground clearance.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Highlifter 2” for 2019 should be exactly the same. Been running my 2017 with a 2” lift, 28” zillas, Elka stage 3, 1.5” wheel spacers and sway bar removed for the last two years with absolutely ZERO issues, I tow with it (800 to 1000 pounds of fire wood) up hill in the snow lol, as well as aggressive trail rides and some mudding in the woods of vermont. Every Mod has been worth it. Grizzly weights and a purple spring, 1.5 mm shim on the clutch as well.

·
Super Moderator
378 Posts
You can run 30s with no lift, unless you have snorkels through the front fenders, then you would need a lift to prevent rubbing on the snorkle pipes.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Kodiak 700 Base Model, N2Deep snorkel and rad kit, 32 inch Silverbacks, custom powder coat
12 Posts
i will agree, i would not put a lift kit unless necessary. 28’s will fit no problems. the shocks are adjustable at least on my 2016 so you can adjust those. i have run 31’s and 32’s with no lift perfectly fine and havent even had to trim anything.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Skip the lift kit .. great tires, 1 inch spacers ( front only for me ) and ultimately some Elka shocks make the most improvement IMHO.
By the way great tag line (BillyBob) ..loved you in Deliverance!

Reactions: Billybob
1 - 13 of 13 Posts