Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where are you guys installing the street legal license plates. Pictures would be great.
Thanks

·
Registered
516 Posts
I have a semi permanent wooden cargo box on my rear rack and the plate is in the center, I also have stickers on the side of the cargo area in front of the seat.

·
Super Moderator
1,619 Posts
I would place it anywhere you could. Since Colorado doesn't allow for them to be street legal I don't have to worry about it.

But you could always take a couple of hose clamps and place them around the rear rack using the adjustment screw as a fastener. Or make up a custom mount under the taillight.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you all for the replies. I am going try the hose clamp idea and see how it turns out. Also thinking of making a bracket to sit on top of the hitch.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
2021 Kodiak 700-EPS, EHS tuner, airbox & lid, HMF Titan (Quiet) exhaust, Warn 2500 winch & 52" plow.
236 Posts
Since it sounds like you've already decided, this information is probably too late to be of any use to you, but I've been wanting to get this information out there anyway, so now is as good a time as any.

I chose to use a custom license plate mount, made specifically for the Grizzly/Kodiak by a gentleman named Dustin Hahn at Hahn Precision in Phoenix. It's rather expensive ($95), and a guy could probably fabricate something similar at a cheaper price, by it is by far, the nicest (LED lighted) license plate mount that I've found. And it mounted up perfectly, quickly and beautifully on my 2021 700-EPS Kodiak.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...Vaw3H9NNcKGJ9ql6T-qnJKtRI&cshid=1616429582581

DESCRIPTION:

Billet aluminum license plate mount for the Yamaha Grizzly 550/700 built to military grade standards. Machined from 6061 aluminum and hard black anodized to MIL-STD-8625-F specifications. Skeletonized and honeycombed for maximum weight reduction without sacrificing durability. Easily bolts onto frame above receiver hitch, no modifications required. Bracket is pocketed to manage excess wiring for clean installation. Stainless and zinc metric hardware included. For models 2007-2015.

Designed to work with Radiantz LED illuminated license plate frames, not included.

YGLP1209-4__00508.1530795984.jpg

YGLP1209-3__27426.1530795983.jpg

·
Super Moderator
622 Posts
$95 for a licence plate mount? Man, he saw you coming.
Myself, I'll stick to the free one provided by the dealer, from yamaha

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 Kodiak 700-EPS, EHS tuner, airbox & lid, HMF Titan (Quiet) exhaust, Warn 2500 winch & 52" plow.
236 Posts
[QUOTE="CanadianKodiak700, post: 67746, member: 7122"
Myself, I'll stick to the free one provided by the dealer, from yamaha

[/QUOTE]

Nope. Most things might be free up there in the nether-lands ;) , but no such "free one" down here. And yes, I'm quite pleased with mine. Time is money, so precision-fit items work for me.

P.S. Besides, you prolly don't need a "lighted" license plate up there anyway! It never even gets dark up there in the North Pole, does it? :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :p

·
Super Moderator
622 Posts
1/2 the year is total darkness, 1/2 total sunlight. But i only run the kodiak in daylight, in the winter i ride my polar bear, and we aren't legally required to put a plate on them mainly because they get really nasty when you try to screw the mount to thier arse.

·
Registered
236 Posts
i
. . . in the winter i ride my polar bear, and we aren't legally required to put a plate on them mainly because they get really nasty when you try to screw the mount to thier arse.

Hell, yeah! No gasoline required. Maybe just some ripe seal blubber. But I imagine those pesky penguins are a royal pain when traveling in the dark, right? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

But no, seriously, half and half ain't too bad. Heck, when I lived in Fairbanks, it was WAY worse. Maybe the daylight you're seeing there is actually cast-off from the street lights in Toronto? ;)

·
Super Moderator
622 Posts
It's funny you say that about Toronto lights... I'm about 4.5 hrs north of Toronto, in Sudbury area, nickle mining capital of the world. My back yard is litterly mine property, in the second to last house on my street.. Then it's mine property... Across the street... A rail siding... Where they stage the rail cars to go in to the mine to be loaded with ore (by me) it too is mine property.... Different mine, 1km down street in other direction.... Mine property... Yet another.. 3rd mine. I can't see stars at night, the glow of lights from the mines overpowers the stars, and on top of that, lots of clouds of steam as the hot air from 6000ft underground is vented all around here.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Yeah, I was just ribbin' ya! I knew from your earlier posts where you were located, and according to the world's better-known astrophysicists, you're at 'Ground Zero' for epic gold deposits there as well: gold left eons ago by the molten cores of multiple comets, meteors and meteorites, crashing through the atmosphere, into the wilderness of northern Ontario and Quebec, from beyond the stars. Yup, it's awful pretty country up there, but it can sure be a bit buggy at times. ;)

·
Super Moderator
622 Posts
Yeah, I was just ribbin' ya! I knew from your earlier posts where you were located, and according to the world's better-known astrophysicists, you're at 'Ground Zero' for epic gold deposits there as well: gold left eons ago by the molten cores of multiple comets, meteors and meteorites, crashing through the atmosphere, into the wilderness of northern Ontario and Quebec, from beyond the stars. Yup, it's awful pretty country up there, but it can sure be a bit buggy at times. ;)
Yup I'm in the nickle and copper rich area, just north and west of me is baby gold deposits, and to the east in the north western part of quebec is rich gold deposits.

Bugs aren't that bad, you can knock out most mosquitoes for a couple hours with a #6 bird shot from a 12ga.

·
Registered
71 Posts
It's funny you say that about Toronto lights... I'm about 4.5 hrs north of Toronto, in Sudbury area, nickle mining capital of the world. My back yard is litterly mine property, in the second to last house on my street.. Then it's mine property... Across the street... A rail siding... Where they stage the rail cars to go in to the mine to be loaded with ore (by me) it too is mine property.... Different mine, 1km down street in other direction.... Mine property... Yet another.. 3rd mine. I can't see stars at night, the glow of lights from the mines overpowers the stars, and on top of that, lots of clouds of steam as the hot air from 6000ft underground is vented all around here.

Wow, surprised. I work at an open pit Iron Ore mine in Northern MN and even with all the bright lights around it's pretty easy to see the night sky but we don't seem to get much particulates in the air for the light to reflect off of. One of the "perks" of shift work is seeing that inky black sky from the top of our "man made mountains".

·
Super Moderator
622 Posts
Wow, surprised. I work at an open pit Iron Ore mine in Northern MN and even with all the bright lights around it's pretty easy to see the night sky but we don't seem to get much particulates in the air for the light to reflect off of. One of the "perks" of shift work is seeing that inky black sky from the top of our "man made mountains".
This is all underground mines, plus a nearby processing mill. My company handles all the ore on surface from 4 of these mines and one 60km away that our trucks haul ore from there to here. Lots of infrastructure to light up plus our ore pads that we work on.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts