Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, here is is almost July with the hottest part of summer yet to come and I want to talk snow plows.

I am looking at a front mount plow such as the Warn one. I had a plow on my old Kodiak 400 that was the mid point mount and while I didn't have any problems with it it did cut down on my ground clearance a little. And let me tell you when you hit a rock with those mounting brackets it would put a jolt all the way up your spine. So that is why I am looking at the front mount ones.

The big questions are how easy is it to mount onto the Kodiak and just how sturdy do you consider it to be if you have one?

I am not too worried about the actual work needed to set up the mounting brackets since I have all the tools needed to modify the brackets or what ever else I would need to adapt the mounts to get them onto the Kodiak. But if you installed it yourself I would like some feed back on the install.

https://www.montanajacks.com/products/snow-plow-kits-for-yamaha-with-mount-pn-95745-fpm-by-warn?variant=8952691589

Registered
I have the factory Yamaha front mount 54" plow and I am quite pleased. It was cheaper than the warn provantage. I plowed a lot of snow this past winter with my machine.

Registered
I installed a Warn ProVantage last year and it took me about 4 hours to do the install. The install is fairly easy and straight forward. Mine took a bit longer because I already had a previously installed winch. I had to remove the winch to install the mounting bracket for the Provantage. The wiring is a little tight but I was able to tuck behind the winch a bit and cable tie them together. We didn't get a ton of snow last year but the front mount seemed to be able to take hits and not cause me any concern about its stability.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #5
Nomad I have read about the Yamaha factory plow but can't find in down here in the states so on the the Warn.

Nixon, that is what I am thinking about getting. I already have my winch installed so I'll see how the install goes for the mount. I do have to get a roller flairhead that has the larger roller on the bottom. My old machine had the smaller roller and I ended up fraying out my winch line and cutting the roller in half. I am just waiting to find it at a good price or on sale somewhere for the plow set up. One supplier is out of stock on the mount but has the blade where another supplier has it all.

I'll probably pick one up in the next couple of weeks and then do the install while it is warm. The one that I had on my Kodiak 400 I installed in January.

Registered
Jim P, I bought my first ever ATV last fall (Kodiak 700 base) and put a Warn winch and Moose RM4 front mount rapid release plow mount on it myself. I am fairly decent with mechanical stuff and it took me 6 hours in 35 degree temp to install everything and assemble the plow (54"). I could do it in 4 hours now that I know what is all involved. The Moose RM4 mount held up very well all winter and I plowed a lot of snow. I almost bought the Yamaha front mount but the dealer gave me a better deal on the Moose system.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts