Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

101 - 102 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kodiak 700-EPS, EHS tuner, airbox & lid, HMF Titan (Quiet) exhaust, Warn 2500 winch & 52" plow.
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #101 (Edited)
Well, how high depends on where your at. Paved area where you know theres nothing around,just high enough to get around. Travelling is the only time really you have to have it all the way up. I only lift mine probably 5or6inches. We don't get a lot of snow here, plus if i lift it higher it seems to pull straight back. I have a mid mount..
Well, if so, then that's great news! I won't know just how high the push-tube assembly rides under normal operation, until I actually bolt the blade itself to the push-tube (which I have not yet done), but I'm guessing that its no more than 6-8" off the ground, because mounting holes on the blade are only 3-4" from the blade's cutting edge, and with 27" tires and no strap roller, the bottom of the winch hub is at roughly 18". So at least from a casual look at it, it would appear that I just might get by without a strap roller at all! Which would be a fantastic thing (i.e., no fabrication necessary). Yeeee-haw! ;)

·
Grizzled Mod
255 Posts
Don't forget there are two things at play, the pivot point at the mount connection, and the amount of strap/rope gets pulled in from the winch. You will usually be limited by where the push tube comes in contact with your bumper.

Reasoning behind why I added the roller is two fold. Slowed down the action of the raising and lowering of the blade. Also less stress on the winch and connection by adding the roller. Think of it similar to using a snatch block.

101 - 102 of 102 Posts