Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have searched with no clear answer to my question. Have a chance to pick up a brand new left over 2017 Kodiak EPS for a very attractive price with all the goodies needed to carry a passenger (taxes in for the 2017 is equaled to the same price as just the bare 2018 EPS model before taxes). I haven't read too much on the internet about the 2017 as there is next to no information on them. I'm thinking this is a good thing not seeing anything about them. So question being is it worth going to a 2018 to get the diff lock and the push button 4x4 rather than the cable on the 2017. How were the 2017 ESP non SE models. What other issues are an occurrence.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I had the option of going with a 2017 or waiting just a little longer for the 2018 and the push button 4WD and differential lock. I thought long and hard . . . and in the end realized that for me I was getting a decent price on the ATV I wanted and in reality I've never really needed to have a locking differential on the other ATVs I have owned.

Now if I was a serious mudder or rock crawler I might have made a different decision, but for the type of trail riding I do and work I use my ATV the regular ol' 4WD was fine for my needs.

I also hemmed and hawed a bit about the push button 4WD since my Foreman had that feature and it was pretty convenient . . . but again . . . in the past when I've needed to make the switch I would generally come to a stop and engage the 4WD . . . now I just do it with a lever vs. push button.

·
Registered
2 Posts
In the past I've never regretted paying extra to get more, but there were times I have regretted when I didn't. Sometimes one more tire grabbing makes all the difference.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have used the locking 4x4 multiple times on my old grizzly, rhino and viking. It is a difference maker if you are bogged down. I spent the extra money to get a 2018 Kodiak EPS for that feature.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I bit the bullet. Ordered a 2018 EPS. Getting pretty excited as it has been at least 10 years since I’ve been on a bike. Been on a sled all my life but looking forward to having a summer toy again. Hope good things are to come with the new purchase. Look forward to be hanging around this forum as well.

·
Registered
29 Posts
You won't regret your purchase. Which color did you choose?

Well I bit the bullet. Ordered a 2018 EPS. Getting pretty excited as it has been at least 10 years since I’ve been on a bike. Been on a sled all my life but looking forward to having a summer toy again. Hope good things are to come with the new purchase. Look forward to be hanging around this forum as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I ended up going with the blue. 93km on the bike so far and I’m in love. Point and go even with the stock tires on it. Love to see what it would tackle with a nice set of Zillas on it or a tire along those lines.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts