Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am away from home for the next two weeks and would like to pick up slightly longer bolts.

dealer installed the warn winch control and grip/thumb heater controls on my left brake lever clamp upper and lower bolts (rear brake control), the bolts are now not getting much purchase on the associated threads due to said controls, would like to pick up slightly longer bolts while I’m away to reinstall them when I get home. What is the current spec of the bolts in there now? I assume it’s metric.

thanks,

Andrew

·
Super Moderator
1,888 Posts
If my memory doesn't fail me I think that it is a M6-1, I don't remember the length.

·
Grizzled Mod
340 Posts
Someone told me, a while back, that Yamaha bolt part numbers can be decoded into knowing what the metric size and length are. I was able to locate some information online that discusses Yamaha part numbers and decoding the bolt size. Not my information but I believe this is accurate.

The part number is broken down into 3 parts 99999-06012-00 is an example. The second part, which is 06012 tells you the size. That bolt is 6mm in diameter and 12mm in length. If the second part was 08024 the bolt would be 8mm in diameter and 24mm in length. The first part of the part number tell what type of part it is such as bolt, screw, washer etc. and last 2 digits generally determines the finish such as black, cad, etc"
The 2020 Kodiak left side brake lever bolt to secure it to the handlebar is part # 90101-05033-00. Per the decoder "ring" listed above, that would indicate your current bolt a M5 that is 33mm long.

Reactions: Jssrvlz and JimP

·
Super Moderator
1,888 Posts
RedRocket That is very useful information to have...

·
Grizzled Mod
340 Posts
@JimP Here is a complete understanding of how Yamaha creates part numbers. I should add this to the FAQ when I have a little more time... pretty busy with work today.

Unfortunately I could only find a pdf of this. Had to take screen shots of the pages which were scans of an original paper document.

Reactions: RF70 and Jssrvlz

·
Registered
385 Posts
@JimP Here is a complete understanding of how Yamaha creates part numbers. I should add this to the FAQ when I have a little more time... pretty busy with work today.

View attachment 10158

View attachment 10159

Unfortunately I could only find a pdf of this. Had to take screen shots of the pages which were scans of an original paper document.
Best thing I have ever had the honor of learning. Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts