Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking to see if anyone knows where to find LED bulbs for a 2016 Kodiak Eps. I want to replace all 3 but am having trouble finding anything for the 2016 model. All the fitments say from years 2007-2015. Are they still using the same bulb in a 16? Also does anyone make a LED bulb for the high mount one on the handlebars? Part numbers, links and any insight would be appreciated.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I am looking to see if anyone knows where to find LED bulbs for a 2016 Kodiak Eps. I want to replace all 3 but am having trouble finding anything for the 2016 model. All the fitments say from years 2007-2015. Are they still using the same bulb in a 16? Also does anyone make a LED bulb for the high mount one on the handlebars? Part numbers, links and any insight would be appreciated.
Here is an interesting thread about the handlebar light:
http://www.grizzlycentral.com/forum/grizzly-electrical-lighting/50690-2016-grizzly-handlebar-lighting-upgrade-led.html

As for replacement of the OEM bulbs with LED I think you will only get the "looks" but not the functionality . The headlight reflectors are not designed to work with LEDs and you will get a non-focused beam of light out of them. Consider a LED bar add-on mounted to the rack or handlebars for real lighting improvement. The price of them is also coming down, so not to big of an expense and there are a few threads on here with folks who installed them with great results.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Here is another thread that gives u what you will need in terms of types of bulbs to order for the 3 front lights and the brake light as well.

http://www.grizzlycentral.com/forum/yamaha-kodiak-discussion/65377-replacement-bulbs-16-a.html

Ordered mine from eBay. I am just waiting for them to arrive. When installed, I will fill you in on how they work, but as you'll read in the thread, same as what Rollin wrote, light is not as focused
These are the ones I decided on after looking around. Same ones as in the thread

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/121331507912?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

·
Registered
627 Posts
If you check my gallery, you will see where I mounted my lightbar. It lights the trail up well. After much reading and searching headlamp upgrades, I've decided to leave mine alone.

·
Registered
23 Posts

So installed my LED lights today that I ordered from eBay and as I said earlier I would update on this MOD. I believe they make a huge difference. IMO, they illuminate much more of the area in front of you but, I think if your looking for distance, then maybe not the best light for that application but they are still be better than the bulbs the Kodiak comes with now. If I had to compare, they remind more of a flood light than a spot light. For the trail riding that I do, tight winding trails, this will bet a perfect light as they light up everything right in front of you, again this is just my opinion.
If I did the photo upload right, the first pic is with the original lights, second pic is the new LED lights, or the brightest one is the LED. If I screwed it up, then ill try again. I know...newbs

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts