Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The trails here are closed for another month for the spring thaw so I took the Kodiak in the woods to get ready for the turkey season and get some target practice. Snow and freezing rain on the way so I was glad to get an opportunity to get out. Only 11 days left before the opener!

Attachments

·
Registered
342 Posts
They grow up fast so take lots of pics.
My two girls have grown up, and are now out carving their own paths.

Is that a Grizzly factory fairing?

Bow hunt or die!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
According to the Yamaha website the fairing only fits the 2016-2018 Kodiaks. I'm not a big fan of windshields but have come to appreciate what it has to offer, especially during the winter months. It's a quick release so I can take it off in no time once summer rolls around. Who knows, I might keep it on, the look is slowly growing on me.

They grow up fast so take lots of pics.
My two girls have grown up, and are now out carving their own paths.

Is that a Grizzly factory fairing?

Bow hunt or die!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This morning was my second day hunting and after going back and forth calling a gobbler he finally showed up about 30 yards from my blind. I took him with my shotgun since it was too windy for the bow. The result was a nice 22lb tom and I still have another month to harvest a second turkey.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Do you by chance have a part number for that windshield shown in your pictures? I am looking for a better looking one than just the clear on that's on the Yamaha website and when I enter in my vehicle that's the only windshield that comes up. Thanks!

·
Registered
46 Posts
That would be the reason! Never thought you guys would have that much different accessories, don't see a reason they wouldn't fit in my atv. Thanks for the part number i found it right away on the Canadian yamaha site! I'll have to get me one before winter rolls around. Thanks again my friend.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My pleasure. I'm surprised it's not available everywhere. The windshield is a must here when riding with the kids and during winter. I also like that it comes off easily when I don't need it.

That would be the reason! Never thought you guys would have that much different accessories, don't see a reason they wouldn't fit in my atv. Thanks for the part number i found it right away on the Canadian yamaha site! I'll have to get me one before winter rolls around. Thanks again my friend.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Sevennine,

If I may pick your brain one more time haha. How does this mount? Does it take up any real estate on your handlebars or is it mounted to the headlight area? Thanks again!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sevennine,

If I may pick your brain one more time haha. How does this mount? Does it take up any real estate on your handlebars or is it mounted to the headlight area? Thanks again!
Just saw this post! The brackets mount on each handlebar. I also have my winch control mounted on one side and my hand/thumb warmer mounted on the other so room wasn't an issue. I'll get a picture or two next time I go out to show you what it looks like.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts