Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with this?

Water pump seal went bad on my 2016 Yamaha Kodiak 700EPS - YFM700FWBD 2SM3

Bought a Moose racing replacement seal. The Moose Racing seal is different to the Yamaha seal it is meant to replace.

The Yamaha seal is a multi part press fit assembly with spring loaded ceramic surfaces to make the seal.

The Moose Racing item is only part of this assembly and comes in two pieces. It is missing the pressed in outer seal retaining cup, the bearing shaft for the pump impeller shaft and the pressed on retaining collar which holds it all together under spring pressure.

I have tried to recover the missing parts from my scrap seal but they do not want do drive out. The parts are small and will be destroyed by in the process of removing them I think. Previous seals I have bought have been complete assemblies.

Does the Yamaha part come complete without needing further detailed asembly? See photos. Yamaha seal is on the right.

SEAL, MECHANICAL - Moose Racing - 0935-0852

SEAL, MECHANICAL - Yamaha - 2MBE243800

Thanks, Ed.

Attachments

·
Registered
703 Posts
Yamaha seal should be a complete assembly

·
Registered
530 Posts
I see you just joined the forum. Welcome. If you have spent any time on this site doing any research you find that it is pretty unanimous that everyone recommends OEM parts for many reasons and this is just one of them. When you order it from the dealer they should be able to tell you if it comes complete. If it comes to them with anything missing they can then find the missing parts also.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did split the assy in the end with thin spanners and a punch. Ended up marring the parts needed so could not re use anyway. I have ordered OEM now. I have had good results with some aftermarket parts from Moose and RM Stator, but these seals need to be OEM. I was surprised the aftermarket came incomplete as I don't see it as being much use to anybody? Thanks for the prompt input guys, it's appreciated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts