Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i want to see of anyone could give me some advice. I was pulling my wifes van out of the yard after she got it stuck in the mud. I have about 1/4 take of gas and i was in reverse pulling with the winch. The atv stalled and now it wont start. I pulled the spark plug and cleaned it. I am currently charging the battery because it died from trying to start it. Any ome have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Super Moderator
I can't help you much but I would start with the basics.

Is the fuel pump turning on?

Are all the fuses good?

Are you getting indicator lights on the dash?

I'm not sure on what voltage the ECM requires but a lot of times if it is below 11 or 10 volts it won't operate on other vehicles. The winch could of overloaded the batteries and drew it down below that where the starter would still work but the ECM won't fire up.

Registered
I am not being a smarty but did you make sure the safety shut-off is in the run position? I had that happen on my machine when engaging the 4x4 shortly after buying it and it took me several minutes to find the problem after it died in it's tracks.

Registered
I am not being a smarty but did you make sure the safety shut-off is in the run position? I had that happen on my machine when engaging the 4x4 shortly after buying it and it took me several minutes to find the problem after it died in it's tracks.
HehHeh . . . I think just about all of us have had that "D'oh!" moment at one time or another.

Super Moderator

HehHeh . . . I think just about all of us have had that "D'oh!" moment at one time or another.

While hunting one year I jumped some elk and went after them leaving my brother in law on the wheeler and told him where to pick me up at. Once I lost the elk I went down to where he was waiting. I went to start up my old Kodiak and you guessed it, no start. It took me a couple of minutes of sitting there before I figured out what he had done. Instead of just using the key to to turn it off he used the safety shut off.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Update since i had the issue, it had been in the shop for the past 4 weeks. They had a hard time getting the computer to hook up to my atv. Any ways long story short it came back that the ECM was bad so they ordered a new one. Should be in tomorrow. I hope thats all thats wrong. Ill update again after i get it back. Thanks everyone that took the time to try and help..

Registered
I am glad they were able to sort out your non-starting issue, hopefully this will be the last problem you have for a long life of riding it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts