Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any certain brand that you have had really good success with? Ones not to buy / Ebay , Rocky Mtn. where best place to purchase? Thank for the information and your time.
Regards, Jerry Waddell

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Went ahead and ordered the Tusk 11/8" for the front and 13/4" for the rear. I will update, after I get them installed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Widen the platform/stance , and i'm going up in tire size 26x9-12 front, 26x11-12 Rear. Hopefully in the end, increasing stability. Is the intent actually viable? I'll let you know.

JW

·
Registered
627 Posts
I've got 27x9x12 and 27x11x12 on the stock wheels with absolutely no clearance issues. I've never used spacers but everyone I know who has ,eventually got rid of them. They found that the spacers accelerated wear on the suspension components. i hope you have good luck with them.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I've got 27x9x12 and 27x11x12 on the stock wheels with absolutely clearance issues. I've never used spacers but everyone I know who has ,eventually got rid of them. They found that the spacers accelerated wear on the suspension components. i hope you have good luck with them.
I disagree. My bike has had 1" aluminum billed spacers at all four corners for it's entire 7000mile life with Zero issues. I enjoy the added stability and won't go without.

Though I will agree that a 1. 75" spacer mite be an entirely different story!

·
Registered
627 Posts
I disagree. My bike has had 1" aluminum billed spacers at all four corners for it's entire 6500mile life with Zero issues. I enjoy the added stability and won't go without.

Do you have them on stock offset wheels?
To be fair, I am not sure if any were running 1" or not but they all said they sped up front end wear.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Do you have them on stock offset wheels?
To be fair, I am not sure if any were running 1" or not but they all said they sped up front end wear.
Yes stock SE wheels. No odd wear patterns on my PitBull Growlers tires @ 2000 miles

·
Registered
342 Posts
I disagree. My bike has had 1" aluminum billed spacers at all four corners for it's entire 6500mile life with Zero issues. I enjoy the added stability and won't go without.

Just curious so hope you don't mind a few questions.

What brand are you spacers?

No wheel bearing issues?
Are you loading the bike down with a lot of weight or going lightweight for sport?
Average speeds/type of riding?

·
Registered
627 Posts
Some guy local to me just listed four for an rzr and they are 2.5". They must be brutal on the bearings.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Just curious so hope you don't mind a few questions.

What brand are you spacers?

No wheel bearing issues?
Are you loading the bike down with a lot of weight or going lightweight for sport?
Average speeds/type of riding?
Bike has 7000 miles, I've replace 3 out of 4 wheel bearings. (Commun for that kinda mileage.) Never touched any suspension components yet.

I don't weight down my bike too much other then at times riding with the passage.

As fare as turning radius my bike turns on a dime..

I often have an aggressive hard riding style. Averaged speed is anywhere from 3 to 5 mph because the trails are sooo tight and rough, to 50+ mph down logging roads.
My area is full of sand and rocks and because of yearly erosion the trails are getting rougher every year. So bike gets the **** beaten out of it. When spring time finally arrives and the 3+ feet of snow melts, everything gets flooded, so lots of mud and deep water crossing for a few months

These are the spacers in question though I don't know their name brand.

You have to understand the vast majority of aftermarket wheels are all offset by 1" already so it's a very commun offset and really is no big deal.

Attachments

·
Registered
342 Posts
Thanks for the info!
I had heard that wheel bearings wear out quicker with spacers, but 1" doesn't sound crazy especially if the aftermarket wheels do that anyway. I plan on keeping my stock wheels, and I'll mull this over. If the truck can handle the extra width then maybe.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Thanks for the info!
I had heard that wheel bearings wear out quicker with spacers, but 1" doesn't sound crazy especially if the aftermarket wheels do that anyway. I plan on keeping my stock wheels, and I'll mull this over. If the truck can handle the extra width then maybe.
If mine can fit my tiny Ridgeline box, you should have no issues...

Attachments

Reactions: Primethious

·
Registered
627 Posts
I would come home a lot muddier if I even put a 1" spacer on mine lol. The zillas throw a fair bit of mud so, not sticking out at all is a plus for me.On the other hand, I've got buddies who wear mud as a badge of honor lol.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I would come home a lot muddier if I even put a 1" spacer on mine lol. The zillas throw a fair bit of mud so, not sticking out at all is a plus for me.On the other hand, I've got buddies who wear mud as a badge of honor lol.
My bike has a wide body over fender kit. Makes the body 3" wider per side, 6" total compared to stock. So I'm always fairly clean. I often thought about removing them but seeing my buddies covered with Mud and debris is always enough to convince me not to. Lol

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Went ahead and ordered the Tusk 11/8" for the front and 13/4" for the rear. I will update, after I get them installed.

Got my wheel spacers , and the lug bolts are smaller on the spacers than the Factory lug Bolts, Is this right? They are Tusk.

JW

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got my wheel spacers , and the lug bolts are smaller on the spacers than the Factory lug Bolts, Is this right? They are Tusk.

JW
Not Stud size different, Nut size different. My Bad. Nuts that come with spacers hold spacers on , lug nuts hold wheel on. DUHH... This one is all on ME.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Not Stud size different, Nut size different. My Bad. Nuts that come with spacers hold spacers on , lug nuts hold wheel on. DUHH... This one is all on ME.
Glad you figured it out! Take before and after pics and post them for all to see.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I've got 1 1/2 HDM spacers all around on my 2019, they made everything a lot more stable.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts