Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most reviews and test rides online for the new kodiak says that it is more quiet than the grizzly, they market is as less obtrusive around livestock etc...

my question is this just a result of the clutching making the rpm's lower? Or have they done something else?

I have test driven both and the kodiak did seem more tame in the noise dept. Some people like them loud, I dont.

·
Registered
65 Posts
They both have the same motor and muffler, it just has to be the clutch in gauges at a lower RPM, running at higher speeds they both will be the same.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, thats what I thought. Now just to make the decision on which to buy...

i want Camo, but I also want PB 4wd and diff lock. Cant have both with Kodiak but I can with the Grizzly.

·
Registered
65 Posts
You could always put in the same clutch weights the Kodiak uses the 30 gr and then it would be the same, they cost about $40.00 and easy to do.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You could always put in the same clutch weights the Kodiak uses the 30 gr and then it would be the same, they cost about $40.00 and easy to do.
Very true, im sure lots of people would shake their head, LOL. Usually its the kodiak owners putting in the lower weights. maybe someone would send me their old kodiak weights if they havent thrown them out already.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts