Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All, I'm new to the forum and new to ATV ownership. I recently purchased a 2018 Kodiak 700 EPS for myself and a 2018 Kodiak 450 EPS for my wife. Sad to say, but they've been sitting in the trailer waiting for action :frown2: I'm in Minnesota where the snow doesn't seem to end :crying::crying:

·
Super Moderator
1,253 Posts
If you have a winch on them go play in the snow. They can run on a packed snowmobile trail, just don't get off of it because that is when the work begins.

If you don't have winches on them then you might be better off waiting.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Welcome! Well sorry to hear about your snow dilemma, better than Iowa today, we had hail off and on and thunderstorms throughout the day. Would love to come up to MN and WI area and ride, have a small trip planned to will July. Anyway, welcome and hope you find any answers to questions you may have if not feel free to ask a lot of knowledge on here. Enjoy, and take care!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the warm welcome. Someone paid the heat bill cuz all the snows gone now (yipee!!). Tires are dirty on the Kodiaks now :) Whew! I have to say that 700 surprised me, lots of power for a small frame - gonna have some crazy (safe) fun on that one.

JimP - Yep, running Warn 2000k on each. Not power houses but should do the job. Minnesota doesn't seem real friendly towards wheelers on their snowmobile trails, and half the trail system goes away in the summer because they cross farm fields. Wisconsin seems more in tune with the ATV/UTV community as their trails are open year-round to pretty much everything off-road, powered or not.

bugguy44 - I'll pass on the hail, thanks. A little rain is okay, not interested in becoming a lightning rod however. Perhaps we'll meet up on the trails some day. Ride safe my friend!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's some pics of my new toys and their toy box ;)

Attachments

Reactions: sevennine

·
Registered
115 Posts
Nice setup you have there, Pablo!

I have the same model as you! I just LOVE how this beast soaks up bumps and uneven terrain! I come from a solid rear axle, so it handles a bit differently in the corners, not quite as planted and seems to roll a bit more, but as long as I shift my (considerable) weight, there is no problem.

I am thinking of bumping the preload on the shocks up a click and see if that helps at all.

Enjoy you cool new rides and keep the shiny side up!

Happy Trails,

: )B

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice setup you have there, Pablo!

I have the same model as you! I just LOVE how this beast soaks up bumps and uneven terrain! I come from a solid rear axle, so it handles a bit differently in the corners, not quite as planted and seems to roll a bit more, but as long as I shift my (considerable) weight, there is no problem.

I am thinking of bumping the preload on the shocks up a click and see if that helps at all.

Enjoy you cool new rides and keep the shiny side up!

Happy Trails,

: )B

I'm looking forward to getting out on the trails. I've haven't owned an ATV for many years so we'll see how this 'older more fluffy' body holds up after a day of bumping and sliding. Truth be told, the last ATV I owned was a Yamaha TriMoto 125. That's a blast from the past - I loved that machine. I'm sure I'll love this one too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts