1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for honest thoughts

Looking at one of them 700 for trail riding mainly, hunting

Looking for Reliability and fuel miliage

whould the grizz 700 or kodiak 700 be best?

thanks

·
Registered
342 Posts
Big Honda fan here too, but Yamaha has won me over.
The Grizzly has the same super reliable engine and auto tranny setup but with 1" taller stock tires, a slightly larger frame/stance/plastics/seat, and lighter clutch weights which allows it to rev quicker in stock trim.
The Kodiak 700 seat fit me perfectly when I slid up towards the tank so I went with it.
I would be doing the exact same mods to a Grizzly if I had it..even the weights and clutch sheave setup I plan on upgrading to JBS for more bottom end and top speed.

·
Registered
85 Posts
The Kodiak is a better work horse mainly because of the heavier clutch weights, which makes it better at pushing snow around and pulling and dragging things. I bought the Kodiak because of the lower price point and the narrower chassis. I can haul the Kodiak on my 48" x 84" utility trailer, as the Kodiak is just barely narrow enough to fit, the Grizzly is too wide. I have rode my buddy's Grizzly and don't believe I have given up anything by opting for the Kodiak. Truthfully I can't tell much difference in performance with both machines in stock form as far as pleasure riding. In the end they are both good machines, so there is no wrong choice.:smile2:

·
Super Moderator
1,245 Posts
I just got through with a hunting trip to Arizona where my 2016 Kodiak got a good work out. I rode it both in the sandy washes and along old mining roads. Up hills and down and it didn't miss a beat. It had plenty of power going up steep hills and if they were a little too steep for it 4 low got it done, most of the riding was in 2 wd and I only put it into 4 wd when I had to cross some bad washouts or loading it up onto the back of my truck.

It is indeed a work horse.

·
Registered
51 Posts
reliability and fuel mileage is good and the same with either one, I think it boils down to your own personal preference

1 - 6 of 6 Posts