Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I just bought my first ATV and its a 2017 Kodiak 700 4x4 base Model. Only mod so far is a tach/hours meter. Ive ridden dirtbikes in the past, and have been a motorcycle rider for 13 years. ATV is fairly new to me. Id appreciate any tips that could be given as far as riding or any must have mods to my ATV, so far Im looking at the EPI clutch kit and wondering how much work it is to install? Also I did the hours/tach. But really thinking about the Trail Tech Endurance add on for MPH and tach, not really interested in running temp. Also any tips on an exhaust that i dont have to mess with fuel delivery? Thanks everyone look foward to some responses and becoming part of the community.

Super Moderator
Get some CV boot guards, if you like the OEM ones you can just pick up some for a SE model. Same with the hitch if you would like a 2" receivor type.

I put a Trail Tech Striker on mine and did a custom bracket out of a piece of 2" angle iron that I cut a slot in.

Also on my first long trip the cover for the battery and fuse panel came off so I installed some jack nuts and thumb screws on it to hold it in place. You can see them on both sides of the cover under the handle bars. That sucker isn't going to blow of again.

Attachments

Registered
Hello All,

I just bought my first ATV and its a 2017 Kodiak 700 4x4 base Model. Only mod so far is a tach/hours meter. Ive ridden dirtbikes in the past, and have been a motorcycle rider for 13 years. ATV is fairly new to me. Id appreciate any tips that could be given as far as riding or any must have mods to my ATV, so far Im looking at the EPI clutch kit and wondering how much work it is to install? Also I did the hours/tach. But really thinking about the Trail Tech Endurance add on for MPH and tach, not really interested in running temp. Also any tips on an exhaust that i dont have to mess with fuel delivery? Thanks everyone look foward to some responses and becoming part of the community.
Welcome and congrats on your new Kodiak!

If you got your ATV new at the dealer then Yamaha should offer free ATV safety classes for you and your immediate family. I recommend you sign up for that, it's really helpful for a newbie - at least that's what I thought at the time I took it.

I also Installed the Trail tech on my atv but did not have good luck with the one with a tach , I never got a stable RPM reading so I just switched to the Striker unit - the one with voltmeter.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the tips. True newbie here lol I even posted in the wrong spot I shouldve posted in the New Member Introductions.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Get some CV boot guards, if you like the OEM ones you can just pick up some for a SE model. Same with the hitch if you would like a 2" receivor type.

I put a Trail Tech Striker on mine and did a custom bracket out of a piece of 2" angle iron that I cut a slot in.

Also on my first long trip the cover for the battery and fuse panel came off so I installed some jack nuts and thumb screws on it to hold it in place. You can see them on both sides of the cover under the handle bars. That sucker isn't going to blow of again.
The dealer told me about the cv boot issues. Where i ride there is alot of sticks and brush. I found a front and rear aluminum guards for like $149 on eBay, probably gonna order them early next week.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome and congrats on your new Kodiak!

If you got your ATV new at the dealer then Yamaha should offer free ATV safety classes for you and your immediate family. I recommend you sign up for that, it's really helpful for a newbie - at least that's what I thought at the time I took it.

I also Installed the Trail tech on my atv but did not have good luck with the one with a tach , I never got a stable RPM reading so I just switched to the Striker unit - the one with voltmeter.
They did offer it, however I declined. I have ridden ATV's before Ive just never owned one and wouldnt say Im even close to an advanced rider.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts