Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,078 Posts
I would be leery hauling it with the rear tires sitting on a tailgate that is open. I have seen a number of them after they hit a bump and the tailgate collapses from the weight of the ATV

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They aren't sitting on the tailgate. The tailgate was about 3 inches away from closing. With a short bed Tacoma, you would probably have some issues

·
Registered
550 Posts
I finally picked up a Kodiak last week and was very happy to see that it fit in the back of my 3rd gen Tacoma!
Awesome! Looks good

I would be leery hauling it with the rear tires sitting on a tailgate that is open. I have seen a number of them after they hit a bump and the tailgate collapses from the weight of the ATV

Meh, been doing it for 3 years with my Ridgeline.

Attachments

·
Registered
462 Posts
Congrats on the new Kodiak

·
Super Moderator
1,078 Posts
Meh, been doing it for 3 years with my Ridgeline.
I'm not saying that it will but that I have seen it happen.

I have also seen tailgates collapse when a ATV is ridden up onto it when using ramps. The tailgate can't sustain the weight of the rider plus the ATV once it gets onto the tailgate.

Before I got my racks to put my Kodiak up onto the bed rails of my truck I always rode it up a set of ramps that I had built that laid on the end of the tailgate and never did have a problem. But that doesn't meat that it isn't going to happen.

·
Super Moderator
1,078 Posts
The big thing on the tailgate is to pay attention and inspect the cables. If one of them breaks you could loose the tailgate.

Just go really fast and hope that you can stop before you hit the cab.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts