Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at a sprayer for around the property and saw this one at Orscheln:

It is 12 volt but I can't find the amp draw, when I asked the guy at Orscheln he said, uuuhhhh, it's 12 volts man. Will the power plug on the fender (10 amp I think) run it safely? Or does anyone know the amp draw?

Steve..........

·
Super Moderator
1,888 Posts
One way to find out.......

Take a look at what the fuse is rated at that is in the hook up cable. I would wager that is is around 5 amps so it should work through the accessories plug on the fender.

But I would wire it into the battery directly through a fuse. If the cables have alligator clips on it then I'd cut them off and put some eyes onto the wires so that I could connect it. If you want to be able to disconnect it you should be able to find some plugs in the automotive electrical area of a parts store.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I'll take a look at the sprayer at the Store tomorrow. I planned to wire one of the 'lighter style plugs' if I get it.

Steve...........

·
Super Moderator
1,888 Posts
If it doesn't have a inline fuse look in the owner's manual. It should give you the specs for the motor or tell you what amp fues it needs

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like the motor says max amp draw is 4 amps so I believe the power socket will be ok to use.

Steve.............

·
Super Moderator
1,888 Posts
I didn't think that it would be too much.

If it didn't come with a inline fuse I would wire one into it and put a 7 or 8 amp fuse onto it. That way if something happens it shouldn't cause any problems with the Kodiaks wiring

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good idea, I just happen to have a pack of inline fuse holders.

Steve..............

1 - 7 of 7 Posts