Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi- does anyone know where I can get a speedo cover -just the clear bit for a 2019 Kodiak 700 - everything works just need the cover. Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
1,502 Posts
Watch Ebay you might be able to find a whole gauge cluster for less than a new one.

·
Super Moderator
438 Posts
I've never taken the kodiak one apart, but on my old honda foreman, the plastic was so scratched and hazed from bug spray that you couldn't read the odometer during the day, but at night when it was lit up you could see it enough to read it.
I took it all apart, cut out the clear part over the lcd, then i cut to shape, and siliconed a piece of acrylic from home depot.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
863 Posts
I've never taken the kodiak one apart, but on my old honda foreman, the plastic was so scratched and hazed from bug spray that you couldn't read the odometer during the day, but at night when it was lit up you could see it enough to read it.
I took it all apart, cut out the clear part over the lcd, then i cut to shape, and siliconed a piece of acrylic from home depot.

Very nice!

·
Super Moderator
438 Posts
Very nice!
Thanks. It wasn't hard either. 6 beer job, one while working, 5 while the silicone cured... Lol

·
Registered
310 Posts
'1 while working..5 while the silicon cured. ' cracked me up ..first good laugh this weekend. Red​

Reactions: CanadianKodiak700
1 - 8 of 8 Posts