Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wanting to see if there are any homemade or custom bumpers you guys are running. I am a mechanic/welder and think I could do a light weight, strong, cool bumper push guard combo. I lack creativity and need some ideas on what works for everyone. Pics would be helpful. Not want to steal you ideas...Ok yes I am trying to steal your ideas but I will give you credit.

I built a jeep front rear set that would hold enough air to fill 1 35" tire to 10 psi.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Check out these pictures posted by Briggs1.

Reactions: john zane

·
Super Moderator
1,261 Posts
Do a search on the web for "Yamaha Kodak Bull Bumper" and you will get some ideas of what Yamaha and others offer. They might give you some ideas.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check out these pictures posted by Briggs1.
I would love to know the weight on that bumper. looks like my truck bumper. Love the look of it.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I would love to know the weight on that bumper. looks like my truck bumper. Love the look of it.
Maybe it is listed on "Strongmade" website

·
Super Moderator
288 Posts
Also look at Rival bumpers. If you're in Canada, royal distributing has best price on them. Very similar to the bison bumpers.
Personally, my 2 choices for bumpers for these bikes

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Wanting to see if there are any homemade or custom bumpers you guys are running. I am a mechanic/welder and think I could do a light weight, strong, cool bumper push guard combo. I lack creativity and need some ideas on what works for everyone. Pics would be helpful. Not want to steal you ideas...Ok yes I am trying to steal your ideas but I will give you credit.

I built a jeep front rear set that would hold enough air to fill 1 35" tire to 10 psi.
i just put a set from kimpex on i know not custom but look good and light weight i was going to custom one up just dont have the time

·
Super Moderator
1,261 Posts
I looked at a couple of bumpers but they looked like they would interfere with my snow plow that I have with the fount mount so I didn't peruse them any further

·
Registered
234 Posts
i just put a set from kimpex on i know not custom but look good and light weight i was going to custom one up just dont have the time
Photos we need photos ...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
I put the Yamaha Fr & Rr bumpers on my '20. Didn't want anything too heavy or that reduced approach/depart angles, or were wider than OE as I ride tight trails. For the money these aren't too bad and fit is pretty nice. Took maybe 15 min. to install the pair which was nice as well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts