·
Super Moderator
959 Posts
ABA-F740C-T0-002000LB VANTAGE WINCH DBY- $229
10199-00-00G/K 700 WINCH MOUNT VRX KIT
$135
Labor
$240

this is what they tacked on for the winch. Winch seems priced well, not sure about the kit?
I can install it myself to save the labor.
Install it yourself, it's a 30 min job. The "kit" they are referring to is the bike specific mounting plate, which is required, but you can buy it or a kfi mount far cheaper elseware.

Not sure if this still holds true with the SE models, but they used to come with different colors springs too. My SE has silver, where the rest of the 2018 came with red springs.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Install it yourself, it's a 30 min job. The "kit" they are referring to is the bike specific mounting plate, which is required, but you can buy it or a kfi mount far cheaper elseware.

Not sure if this still holds true with the SE models, but they used to come with different colors springs too. My SE has silver, where the rest of the 2018 came with red springs.

I was thinking the same with the mount. I thought the winch itself looked like a good price though?

·
Registered
19 Kodiak SE, Backcountry Blue, 27” Reptiles, 1” wheel spacers, 20* weights, shims, purple spring
379 Posts
On the surface it’s a good price for a name brand. There is a little bit of static that the Warn value line isn’t made to the quality standards you expect. Not sure how true… From that, the KFI and Superwinch have emerged as great alternatives at a similar price point. There are a few threads on here about winch quality, metal gears, etc.
I have no doubt that winch would last years under normal light use. However, I actually went with a KFI 3500 with synthetic rope. It’s more than I need, and that’s how I like it.

·
Super Moderator
959 Posts
On the surface it’s a good price for a name brand. There is a little bit of static that the Warn value line isn’t made to the quality standards you expect. Not sure how true… From that, the KFI and Superwinch have emerged as great alternatives at a similar price point. There are a few threads on here about winch quality, metal gears, etc.
I have no doubt that winch would last years under normal light use. However, I actually went with a KFI 3500 with synthetic rope. It’s more than I need, and that’s how I like it.
This right here is 100% accurate.

I currently have a yamaha branded warn that i got free with my 2018 SE as an incentive to buy and got 0% financing too. I antiquity walked in at the perfect time, I qualified for a bunch of incentives, rebates and freebies from yamaha, dealer, and costco membership.

That winch works fine but it's the low end 2500 lb warn with composite gears. I took the steel cable off and spooled it right away with ranger synthetic from Amazon. I'm not personally a huge warn fan, they make great stuff but there are better bang for your buck out there. As mentioned, KFI makes a few nice ones with metal gears and will most likely last just as long as a warn in the same conditions.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
Well things changed a bit… found a 21 SE used from my Honda dealer (that I ordered the 420 from) with 36 miles on it for 10400 out the door with title. It’s the green one with the winch already installed.

But the issue im having now is financing. My bank is 8% financing for 36 months (FCU)... that makes the used unit cost $16 less then the new one after the yamaha 2.9% for 36months.

What would you guys do? Used 36mile for 10490 with 2 month warranty w/ winch - green; new 11490 w/ no winch, 1yr warranty lol.

But making those payments over 36months makes them so close to the same.

·
Registered
47 Posts

·
Registered
19 Kodiak SE, Backcountry Blue, 27” Reptiles, 1” wheel spacers, 20* weights, shims, purple spring
379 Posts
I would buy one really quick, because they won’t last thru the wknd.

Comparing them apples:apples, it’s $1500 for 36 miles. Would you be happy with used? Is it your color choice?
I’m totally happy to save $1500 for 36 miles. And I would pay it off way early because I hate debt on toys. It would nag me until I payed it off. But I was picky, and wanted BC Blue on my machines. So I shopped til I got it. And you need to buy the one that will let you sleep at night, knowing you got the machine you wanted. What’s $1500 vs no sleep? Lol

21 - 27 of 27 Posts