Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, getting ready to put a deposit down on a Kodiak and a Honda.

Ive got Kodiak questions though on pricing and features.

Kodiak 450 EPS - $7599
Kodiak 450 EPS SE - $7899
Kodiak 700 EPS - $9199
Kodiak 700 EPS SE - $10199

Looking at the price break down, the 450 SE is only $300 more then the Non-SE. Why is the 700 SE $1000 more than the Non-SE? Am i missing some more major features between the two models?

I was originally looking at the 450 EPS SE, but have been swayed to the 700. But if its $1000 for different paint that doesnt seem worth it to me. I know the SE comes with the winch which is ~$400, but that doesnt line up with any of the above numbers.

·
Registered
2019 Kodiak 700 EPS
82 Posts
I looked at both and settled with the 700 EPS. As near as I can tell the SE gives you painted plastics and cast aluminum wheels for the $1000.
My EPS came with a dealer installed 3000lb Warn winch.
The paint and the wheels weren't worth the extra cost to me.

I doubt there's any functional difference.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I looked at both and settled with the 700 EPS. As near as I can tell the SE gives you painted plastics and cast aluminum wheels for the $1000.
My EPS came with a dealer installed 3000lb Warn winch.
The paint and the wheels weren't worth the extra cost to me.

I doubt there's any functional difference.
Thats kinda what I thought about the wheels, but it looks like the EPS has the same, just black, but this photo has no winch.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree with Fossil. But curious what Honda are you buying or looking at?
2022 Honda FourTrax Rancher® 4X4 Automatic DCT IRS EPS 4X4 Automatic DCT EPS

My buddy and I are each buying a quad, he's 100% a Honda guy. Im not brand loyal at this point in my life, but I like the sounds of the Yamaha CVT for dealing with the hills around my property.

·
Registered
580 Posts
This will be fun to watch how both of you do in a friendly comparison. I love Honda, but I will stay with the Kodiak. Be sure to do a follow up when an issue or concern comes up!

·
Registered
2019 Kodiak 700 EPS
82 Posts
I missed the the different wheels on the 700 EPS.
The Canadian website shows a pic with a rider on one with the styled wheels but when you go to specs, the pic is with the stamped steel wheels.
Makes no diff to me though.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Hey everyone, getting ready to put a deposit down on a Kodiak and a Honda.

Ive got Kodiak questions though on pricing and features.

Kodiak 450 EPS - $7599
Kodiak 450 EPS SE - $7899
Kodiak 700 EPS - $9199
Kodiak 700 EPS SE - $10199

Looking at the price break down, the 450 SE is only $300 more then the Non-SE. Why is the 700 SE $1000 more than the Non-SE? Am i missing some more major features between the two models?

I was originally looking at the 450 EPS SE, but have been swayed to the 700. But if its $1000 for different paint that doesnt seem worth it to me. I know the SE comes with the winch which is ~$400, but that doesnt line up with any of the above numbers.
Best bang for buck will be the 700 eps. Even better if you can wheel and deal a winch in your purchace.

Personnaly i wouldn t bother with a 450. You ll love the fun factor of the extra power and there is a BIG difference between 26 hp 450 and a 48 hp 700.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Best bang for buck will be the 700 eps. Even better if you can wheel and deal a winch in your purchace.

Personnaly i wouldn t bother with a 450. I love fun factor of the extra power and there is a BIG difference between 26 hp 450 and a 48 hp 700.
We're going to need a winch on both, and a snow plow for both probably as well. Atleast one snow plow though.

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
I like the 700 EPS SE. The paint used seems to be pretty tough stuff and I can see the wheels being $400. Of course in my case Black Betty was the only on available in the Eastern part of Tennessee. She had 6.5 hours and 34 miles on it when I bought it. I love it, its a great machine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well the dealer down the road from me just got an invoice for a 2021 Orange Kodiak 700 EPS SE - weirdly it doesnt come with a winch? Dealer priced it out to add one though.

Net price is 10,837, $695 for doc/admin fees 11500 + tax

My other dealer in same state only charged 149 for admin fee.

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha Kodiak 700 EPS SE with full Ricochet 10 piece skid plates, warn vr-x 25 winch.
149 Posts
for 2022, there is only 1 Kodiak 700 SE and its in black and has a winch.

·
Super Moderator
1,919 Posts
Just as a FYI for those looking for a ATV, none of them come with a winch all of the winches are aftermarket. You can wheel and deal with the dealer for one, or you can purchase one and have them install it or install it yourself.

·
Registered
2019 Kodiak 700 EPS
82 Posts
Hi Jim,

The kodiak 700SE for 2022 in the US does come with a winch according to their site. I believe the upscale grizzly does as well.

From the Yamaha website.

The Kodiak 700 EPS Special Edition further enhances rugged terrain capability and confidence with a factory-installed WARN® VRX 25 winch and high-quality painted bodywork.

·
Super Moderator
1,919 Posts
Ya learn something new every day.

Now they can just figure it into the base price of the machine instead of giving the winches away as a incentive to purchase it

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Kodiak 700 EPS
82 Posts
Yep.
Yamaha isn't too good at offering incentives. The Yamaha ATV dealers are disappearing rapidly in my area.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ABA-F740C-T0-002000LB VANTAGE WINCH DBY- $229
10199-00-00G/K 700 WINCH MOUNT VRX KIT
$135
Labor
$240

this is what they tacked on for the winch. Winch seems priced well, not sure about the kit?
I can install it myself to save the labor.

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha Kodiak 700 EPS SE with full Ricochet 10 piece skid plates, warn vr-x 25 winch.
149 Posts
ABA-F740C-T0-002000LB VANTAGE WINCH DBY- $229
10199-00-00G/K 700 WINCH MOUNT VRX KIT
$135
Labor
$240

this is what they tacked on for the winch. Winch seems priced well, not sure about the kit?
I can install it myself to save the labor.
Absolutely! I installed my winch myself. If you need help, I am willing to give u tips or meet up if you are local ^^

·
Registered
348 Posts
Man, these things are getting expensive. 11.5k for the "bargain" model. What does the Grizzly cost now?

This Honda Pioneer 700 seems like a great value with a base price of 11k. Depending on what you're planning on doing with your atv, maybe the pioneer is a better way to go. You certainly get a lot more for your money.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Man, these things are getting expensive. 11.5k for the "bargain" model. What does the Grizzly cost now?

This Honda Pioneer 700 seems like a great value with a base price of 11k. Depending on what you're planning on doing with your atv, maybe the pioneer is a better way to go. You certainly get a lot more for your money.
yea it is pricey, and with the market the way there is, theres going to be no incentives for atleast another year. My dealer said 6-8 months of back log for Yamaha and 6ish months for Honda for the model we were looking at. I just happened to call and find a dealer that just got sent an invoice for an SE and didnt have any reservations, but they have 47 reservations for the 700 EPS and 107 for the 450 EPS/SE.

Id love one of the Pioneers, but I already have a Polaris Ranger sxs that holds 6 people, and thats really needed for shuttling the kids and guests around. But when thats in use, or on the other side of our 19 acres, youre walking lol.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts