Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it worth the extra cash to move up to the SE model? I know it has diff lock, nicer wheels. Get the 18 or save money and get a left over 17?

·
Super Moderator
1,228 Posts
It all depends on just what you want.

I personally didn't think that the power steering or the diff lock were that big of a deal on the 2016's when I started looking. If you like the 17's and can wait until after the first of the year dealers will drop the price on them to get rid of them. Where I usually ride I could care less what the wheels look like and actually prefer steel rims over aluminum ones. A steel rim you can beat back into shape after hitting a rock, aluminum ones just crack or a piece breaks off of them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dont want wheels that would break, good point. Better stick with a base unit with eps. I have a problem with one of my arms so I do need power steering.

·
Super Moderator
1,228 Posts
I'm not saying that they will break or crack but I have seen it happen in the type of terrine that I run in.

A lot will depend on your type of riding.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I would go for the 17 SE. I have 16 SE and I'm not easy on it. I ride in every condition except where a snorkel is needed and my wheels are holding up just fine. Diff lock is a must for me it save a lot winching and strapping. Power steering is a must also because of multiple neck, shoulders and back surgeries. SE should have higher resale value if you ever get rid of it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts