Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i just bought a kodiak EPS 2019, my first ATV. Im installing cables for a battery charger.
Is the battery easily accessable?

·
Registered
627 Posts
It is just under the hood in front. Personally, I think a charger is a waste of money buy others will disagree,I'm sure. I assume you are talking a battery tender?

·
Super Moderator
1,254 Posts
A charger or tender will depend on how much you ride it to keep the battery up to a full charge.

A battery tender that supplies very low amps to keep the battery up to a full charge is never a bad idea. I have on on both my road vehicles for use when they are just sitting. I also have a set of my battery tender cables on my Kodiak but I have yet to use them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It’s a CTEK for motorbikes, its a maintenance charger(tender?) so it will just keep the battery fresh.
Wont be driving that much, we have a small farm with some horses.
So im thinking to charge it one or two nights a week just not to end up with a dead battery. Though it would be nice with a quicker way of doing it than removing the plastic every time. So i got an extra feet of cable with a quick click adapter.

·
Registered
627 Posts
It’s a CTEK for motorbikes, its a maintenance charger(tender?) so it will just keep the battery fresh.
Wont be driving that much, we have a small farm with some horses.
So im thinking to charge it one or two nights a week just not to end up with a dead battery. Though it would be nice with a quicker way of doing it than removing the plastic every time. So i got an extra feet of cable with a quick click adapter.
Lol, mine sits for long periods and almost four years in, it starts first click every time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts