Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2016 Kodiak 700 has an all-new 708cc, 4-valve, fuel-injected engine with optimized torque, power delivery and engine character—ideal for smooth, quiet operation all day long.

• Engine: Type708cc liquid-cooled DOHC 4-stroke; 4 valves
  • Bore x Stroke: 103.0mm x 85.0mm
  • Compression Ratio: 10.1:1
  • Fuel Delivery: Yamaha Fuel Injection (YFI), 44mm
  • Ignition: TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
  • Starting System: Electric
  • Transmission: Yamaha Ultramatic V-belt with all-wheel engine braking; H, L, N, R, P

·
Registered
8 Posts
Only difference between grizzly and Kodiak power plant, that I've seen, is clutch weights..
same clutch shives, same clutch spring, same internal gears in engine, and same gears in differential..

Anyone know if the ignition/fuel mapping is different?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Only difference between grizzly and Kodiak power plant, that I've seen, is clutch weights..
same clutch shives, same clutch spring, same internal gears in engine, and same gears in differential..

Anyone know if the ignition/fuel mapping is different?
I believe its been tuned to have better low end performance, so you won't need to get higher in the RPM range just to get more power coming through. Good for hunters.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I guess it wouldn't really matter what the Kodiak was meant for. Still preferable to the Grizzly since it's cheaper for almost the same thing.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I guess it wouldn't really matter what the Kodiak was meant for. Still preferable to the Grizzly since it's cheaper for almost the same thing.
I don't know about you but I wouldn't let a price difference of $2000 impact my buying decision, there's far more important things to worry about when you're trying to compare like... WHAT IT ACTUALLY DOES.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I'd pick the Kodiak because it's cheaper, a fun ride and it was meant to be multi functional. It's not solely based on the price.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I'm an inexperienced rider so the Grizzly's more aggressive power output may have me flying into the bushes and I prefer the Kodiak's lower sound output too. It's also great for lazy riding days with the more relaxed riding stance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts