Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking forward to picking up my 2017 Kodiak EPS SE. My question is will this fit into the box of my 2016 F150 Screw.
Realizing it likely will not fit with the gate closed is it acceptable to have it in the truck with the gate down and partial weight from the ATV.
Thanks in advance for advice.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Following.
What size bed do you have on your F-150? What is the actual measurement of the inside of the bed with the gate closed?
I went the other way around and bought the Kodiak and now I'm looking for a truck to fit it in :laugh:.

·
Registered
757 Posts
I have a 6.5' box on my truck( outside length) and I can't close the gate on my truck unless I slacken the winch so the hook hangs down. Even then, it's a tight fit.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a 2106 Toyota Tundra crewmax with a 67" bed and the rear wheels rest in the tailgate seam. I put two 6x6 x 18" pices of wood in front of both front wheels and the bed to keep it from rolling into the front of the bed under hard braking and a 3" ratchet strap and the rear wheels as well Two on the front bumper to keep it stable. No issues with weight on the tailgate or the supports. I also have a bed extender for extra storage / drybag and gas cans.

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have 2016 Dodge Ram 1500 with a 5'6" box my back wheels sit on the tailgate. I drove 3 1/2 hours from the dealer to home the day I picked it up. Had it on there lots of other time since and no issue with weight on the tail gate.

·
Super Moderator
1,776 Posts
With the way that they make these new trucks and the metals that they make them with I would be real careful even loading a Kodiak up into the bed of a truck using ramps from the rear. I have seen the tailgate cables pull out of their eyes and the tailgates collapse under the weight of the driver and machine as it is being loaded.

I even watched a tailgate collapse when the driver of the truck hit a bump when the rear wheels of the wheeler were sitting on it. I didn't know who actually did it but I saw it transpire as I was a couple of vehicles behind him.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts