Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I’m new on the page, I need some advise on clutching for my 2019 700 kodiak, I’m running on a 2” lift and 30x10r12 black mambas right now with a stock clutch...that needs to change lol. I’ve ordered a shim kit for it just wondering if there’s anyone with a similar tire set up that can give me some advise on what I’ll need. I use my quad for hunting and mudding mostly. Any advise would be appreciated

·
Registered
523 Posts
The shims are good start to help with your low end. Swapping to grizzly 20 gram rollers and a gold secondary spring or even a white should also be installed. If you have the funds look into a machined sheave to gain even more low end.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The shims are good start to help with your low end. Swapping to grizzly 20 gram rollers and a gold secondary spring or even a white should also be installed. If you have the funds look into a machined sheave to gain even more low end.
Ok I was thinking about doing te spring nuts wasn’t sure if I should go with gold or just a purple one. How much would you shim it?

·
Registered
523 Posts
Most can get 1.7 mm of shims in and still see splines for the outer sheave. With those big tires I wouldn’t go with anything less than a gold. I run 1.5 mm shim 28 inch CST wild thangs and I run a gold spring with stock 30 gram roller weights. This combo has worked pretty well for me but I want more low end . I have a machined sheave I’ll be installing and I’m going to experiment with lighter rollers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Most can get 1.7 mm of shims in and still see splines for the outer sheave. With those big tires I wouldn’t go with anything less than a gold. I run 1.5 mm shim 28 inch CST wild thangs and I run a gold spring with stock 30 gram roller weights. This combo has worked pretty well for me but I want more low end . I have a machined sheave I’ll be installing and I’m going to experiment with lighter rollers.
Ok perfect, thanks

·
Super Moderator
959 Posts
With those 30" heavy tires, a gold spring minimum for sure, and 18 gm Weights. 1.5mm on my kodiak age there was barely any spline left. I would never have been able to do 1.7mm.
But some can. A machined sheave will benefit you greatly.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
X2 coop45 machine sheave or something similar

1 - 9 of 9 Posts