Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found one on Craigslist. Looks clean. No options. 1 year left on extended warranty.

I found that the 2020s are about 6700 before fees and taxes.

What's a good price for one of these? Also, guy claims less than 100 miles on the machine but from what I'm reading there's no gauge cluster.

KBB says between 4000-5900 for an EPS which this is not.

I would say 5000 is probably fair, but not knowing the mileage and hours does make me hesitate a bit.

Anyone have any insight on the machine and what price I should be ok with paying?

Thanks,

Moe

·
Registered
66 Posts
Probably depends on your neck of the woods -

I picked up my 2018 base Kodiak used for $4,200, Pretty much mint. There is no gauge cluster so you cant verify the mileage/hours.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.

I'm in NJ where things tend to be higher lol.

4200 sounds like a great deal.

I don't think the guy wants to go lower than 5200 so we will see what happens.

Do you like your machine?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
66 Posts
Zero Regrets sir, anything used your taking a chance regardless.

In my case, the plastics were perfect, no scratches really anywhere on the machine/chassis. Only the racks had scratches. Guy bought it for hauling wood, and then bought a sxs instead - he found it easier for hauling. Really at the end of the day - you just have to go by their word as you will truly never know.

I Just went by the condition of the 4 wheeler, the story/background and the time frames..

Again i have zero regrets - stuff can be fixed anyways :)

·
Registered
280 Posts
With only 100 miles on it reportedly it should look brand new. All the rubber should look new, no rust anywhere. If everything looks good I think the price is fine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
With only 100 miles on it reportedly it should look brand new. All the rubber should look new, no rust anywhere. If everything looks good I think the price is fine.
Thank you for chiming in, I was just sending you a direct message.

I'm going to go and look it over - one of the plus's is that there's no plow our winch on the machine, and he's got a 2nd seat cargo box. Looks like he set it up to go out with his wife. It's an adult owner so hopefully it was taken care of. Having another year on the Warranty is a little peace of mine as well. I'll have to see how it is when I get there.

I saw you had some posts about your Kodiak in your Colorado. Do you have the bed liner? DO you have a 6 ft bed?

I have a 6 foot Z71 with the bed liner. I'm thinking about getting a Kodiak 700 but I want to make sure I'll be able to load it int he truck without having.

Do you like your Kodiak?

·
Registered
294 Posts
The tires will sit on the tailgate, should be just fine. I ride a 2018 kodiak stock. What a monster!!

Just look for scratches, cracks, dents, and leaks. There probably shouldnt be any oilyness under or around any parts. And the tires should look pretty new at that mileage.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Start it up cold and watch for blue smoke. Oil consumption is a known issue in early 2016 models. For some odd reason, the smoking usually didn't start till the first service was completed.

·
Registered
696 Posts
The tires will sit on the tailgate, should be just fine. I ride a 2018 kodiak stock. What a monster!!

Just look for scratches, cracks, dents, and leaks. There probably shouldnt be any oilyness under or around any parts. And the tires should look pretty new at that mileage.
You are not stock! You actually have a real set of tires on that beast.

Reactions: Jssrvlz

·
Super Moderator
1,231 Posts
I just looked at KBB and the base Kodiak list for $4950 with average miles. The trouble there is that what is average for one person isn't the same for someone else.

The box runs from $150 up to $350 depending on make and model. So the person selling it is in the ballpark at $5200.

I bought my base model Kodiak in January of 2017 for $5400 just before it was repoed.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
280 Posts
My Colorado is a 6 foot bed without bedliner. The front tires squeeze in between the wheel wells barely. The rear tires pushed in my wheel wells a little bit when I backed it in. I use a 4x4 in the front of my bed to stop the tires. If the tires hit the front of the bed the front bumper on the Kodiak gets dangerously close to the rear window on my truck so the 4x4 makes a nice spacer. When loaded up the rear tires come a few inches past the bed.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Found one on Craigslist. Looks clean. No options. 1 year left on extended warranty.

I found that the 2020s are about 6700 before fees and taxes.

What's a good price for one of these? Also, guy claims less than 100 miles on the machine but from what I'm reading there's no gauge cluster.

KBB says between 4000-5900 for an EPS which this is not.

I would say 5000 is probably fair, but not knowing the mileage and hours does make me hesitate a bit.

Anyone have any insight on the machine and what price I should be ok with paying?

Thanks,

Moe
I have been thinking about selling mine it is the 2016 700 kodiak 4x4 hunter green version. The base model has a book of $5900 so it depends from there the options that is has mine for example has $1000 worth of aftermarket tires and aluminum wheels. a grizzly heavy duty trailer hitch $100, and a hours meter under the hood installed when I bought it. I also have a warn 2500lb winch probably worth $500 with installation I would like to get at least $6500.You might want to ask him how he used it, how clean the machine is under the hood, how often he changed his oil and fluids, cooling fluids need to be changed every two years. Should look brand new with 100 miles. Mine has 350 hrs but its hard to know miles because I just travel around my 13 acres. I would guess my mileage has to be around 1000 but again mine has no display. If it has power steering it is worth 1000 to 2000 more. They jump i price when they jump in price with power steering auto 4x4 etc. I dought you would get out of a dealership with a basic no frills black steel wheeled quad with cable 4 wheel drive for less than $7300 to $7500 if you get a basic one make sure to add the grizzly heavy duty hitch well worth the $80 on Ebay. I tore the axle housing off my kodiak 450 pulling my mower with my old quad, you wont have an issue with the kodiak 700 built like a tank.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I ended up picking up a grizzly 450. 2011 eps. 400 miles. 70 hours. Plow and winch for 4200. Fits in the back of the pick up truck like a glove. Very happy with my choice.

Moe

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts