Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to find a forum for the Kodiak 450 but couldn’t do I hope I can get help here. We are looking at getting a 2018 450 EPS from a family member. Before we do we want to find out if there is a maximum passenger weight limit, either as sold or even with a passenger seat added to the rear rack area.

·
Super Moderator
1,502 Posts
The passenger weight limit is ZERO lbs.

None of the Yamaha ATV's are built to carry a passenger.. But a lot of us do but everything about riding it will change with a passenger

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The passenger weight limit is ZERO lbs.

None of the Yamaha ATV's are built to carry a passenger.. But a lot of us do but everything about riding it will change with a passenger.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk
I guess passenger was the wrong term. Maybe rider? I have seen that some machines max out at around 250 pounds and I’m bigger than that. I guess what I would be looking for would be the overall weight rating. We don’t do any jumping. Just mostly uneven dirt roads.

·
Super Moderator
1,502 Posts
Look on the machines rear rack or somewhere near it, there will be a sticker that will tell you the max weight for the rack.

Or download the owners manual for it if you don't have access to it and see what it says.

But on my old 400 Kodiak I quite often went over the rating either by hauling another "rider" and or dead animals on the front rack with zero problems.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I occasionally ride on the back of mine and I weigh 230. Rack hasn't broke off yet lol

·
Super Moderator
438 Posts
Rider weight isn't really much of a concern in my opinion on a 450+ bike. You gotta think, back in the early days, the old honda 110, 200, and 250cc 3 wheelers has no issue hauling 200-300 lb guys around. The 450 of larger have more hp and torque, and way better suspension.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts