Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
2019 Kodiak 700 EPS
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got around to installing the Kemimoto 30mm handlebar risers today.

Handle bar position feels much more comfortable.

I'll know more when I get out for a long ride next Monday
Metalworking Machine tool Machine Bicycle part Auto part

Super Moderator
I suggest that you take some tools with you so that you can reposition them and the brake/throttle mechanisms if they are uncomfortable to you.

When I did my Grizzly bars it took me a while to get everything just right as I rode it during a trip.

Registered

View attachment 10977
I鈥檝e got about 100 or so miles on mine and really like the extra height .

Reactions: fossil

Registered
2019 Kodiak 700 EPS
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I suggest that you take some tools with you so that you can reposition them and the brake/throttle mechanisms if they are uncomfortable to you.

When I did my Grizzly bars it took me a while to get everything just right as I rode it during a trip.
Good idea. Thanks Jim.

Registered
I have those risers also, they are great and make standing a lot more comfortable..

Registered
2019 Kodiak 700 EPS
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm hoping that will help there as well. When I first got it, I almost went over the bars when I let off the gas.

Nothing like running yourself over on a nice sunny day ride.

Super Moderator
I don't think that they'll help much in going over the bars but you will be a lot more comfortable when you do it.

I'm 6'4" and with the Grizzly bars I am fairly comfortable standing up and riding where with the stock ones I was bent over quite a bit.

Registered
2020 Kodiak 700 EPS SE, Tactical Black, 26-9R12, 26-11R12 Traxion Gripper Max Radials, light bar

View attachment 10977
Just bought these myself, I gather you didn't need to extend any cables ?
As I have the 2020 EPS SE.

Registered
Cables are fine, you will like those risers..

Registered
2019 Kodiak 700 EPS
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They went on with easily. Headlight and pod assembly, handle bars off and install them . I didn't disconnect any wires. I just laid them aside.

Registered
2019 Kodiak 700 EPS
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Went for a 70 mile run today, some of it in the rain over varying terrain. The Kodiak performed very well.

Three other Yamahas there with me. two 450's and a 350.

I think the risers were a good investment. That 30mm does make a difference especially when riding standing up.

Registered
2020 Kodiak 700 EPS SE, Tactical Black, 26-9R12, 26-11R12 Traxion Gripper Max Radials, light bar
I appreciate the updates. Installed these myself this week, did a 75 km trip through a mix of tight mud trails to logging roads. What a difference, machine feels different in a good way. Much more comfortable to ride sitting and standing. I鈥檓 five nine, found I was leaning a bit to far forward and after long 100 km plus rides , my shoulders where getting tired. Yesterdays ride was a very long 75 km ride, 45 machines /8.5 hours on the trails , I did not get the same feeling in my shoulders and back.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts