Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

Keeping it clean and shiny

5K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  dashaint 
#1 · (Edited)
I was telling a friend of mine about how difficult it was to keep my 4 wheeler clean and how some mud leaves a hazy film of mud on the plastic even after a good wash. He told me that what he and his buddies used to do was put mop n glo on it, I have applied "Quick Shine Floor Finish" that i got at walgreens and haven't had it back in the mud yet, am wondering if anyone else has tried such a thing? it sure does make it shiny! :smile2: hope it works.. or at least easier to clean.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Is it Holloway House Quick Shine Floor Finish? I've heard of people using it to make their ATVs shiny again after 5 or so coats but I've never used it myself. After a few coats and a good wax, it should keep your Kodiak looking as good as new and it should stand up to hard washing. That stuff was made to be walked on.

#5 ·
Tire shine foam

What are usually do and it works great if I use soapy water 4 1st rinse and then I let it dry for half an hour to an hour and direct sunlight once it's dry I apply 1 full bottle of foamy tire shine it makes those dirt spots disappear and makes your quad look like you in seconds the only downside in using this is that your quad will be greasy for a day or two

#6 ·
What are usually do and it works great if I use soapy water 4 1st rinse and then I let it dry for half an hour to an hour and direct sunlight once it's dry I apply 1 full bottle of foamy tire shine it makes those dirt spots disappear and makes your quad look like you in seconds the only downside in using this is that your quad will be greasy for a day or two
I use tire gel diluted in water.

Never used the foam but having been used to using tire gel on the interior of my car I found it great also on ATV's. Plus the gel when diluted enough can last a long time.

#7 ·
well i got the SC1, it was different than what i wanted. i want a true clear coat hard finish like on a vehicle. at least that's what i think i want. something that won't crack of course. I tried some supposed crystal clear coat on one of the black pieces, but it sprayed on with a grey color... so that sucked. if any suggestions on permanent cleaq coat i'd like to hear them. thx

#11 ·
just to put it out there, for removal of stickers, i'd recommend taking a pressure wash to it. they fly right off, glue and all. found out accidentally... but was happy because it didnt like them. be careful around the yamaha stickers though, they will come off too.

Reactions: TerryG1#
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.