Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking to change my headlights on 17 kodaik 700 eps. But like most can't seem to find much. Then I got on Amazon and by some how I come across these lights. In the reviews someone said they where able to put them in a 2004 rhino. Has anyone done this or think it would work. I know I would have to cut the factory light connection but that's nothing new for me. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074ZYWZ8V/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_PJ8AKAETTQ3G25CRMBZH

Super Moderator
No idea if they would fit.

You can always purchase them and after you have the lights out of the Kodiak see if they fit. Wiring is no problem as long as you have the old wiring and new connectors going to the lights.

The part numbers for the Rino and Kodiak are different numbers but with some fitting they may work.

If you get them and they do work let us know.

Then if they don't fit send them back for a refund.

Registered
So I couldn鈥檛 find a wiring diagram for the Kawasaki lights but the black wire is ground and the white and yellow is high or low beam. You would have to test what ones what. So one way to make it work you would most likely have to cut the factory plugs of the Kawasaki lights and kodiak lights leaving pig tails on both and solder with heat shrink or use a waterproof heat shrink crimp the kodiak plug wires to the correct led light wires . Plug factory plug back in and good to go

Super Moderator
So I've tinkered around with my lights quite a bit looking at possible ways to upgrade I have a set of four and a half inch LEDs to go in at right now hopefully they may go in this week since these are my days off from work but I've got a project list for the bike a mile long. Looking at your picture you posted those Amazon lights they're definitely the right size four and a half inch is perfect the pizza Kodiak opening the mounting on those lights also almost looks ideal for the weather Kodiak lights mount. So you may get lucky there. As far as the wiring goes is very simple your best bet is the jump on Amazon when you order those lights, go ahead and order a sap of 3 pin waterproof connectors they are very expensive and they actually look very similar to the plug that is on those lights do you make it lucky and only have to change the end on the Kodiak which is what I did when I upgraded to a set of HIDs

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts