Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a 2018 holdover today. Now I will need some advice on accessories. Thanks in advance!

Super Moderator
Let us know what model you have as far as base, EPS, or what and we'll get you started

Registered
Since mine came with a winch, the first accessory I got was a cheap rear bag to see if it was something I would use a lot. I found the bag VERY useful! The quality was lacking and has ripped out in a few places, but it did it's job in letting me know haw useful extra storage is. I am picking up my Yamaha rear box at the dealer I bought my Kodiak from this weekend. I got a 10% discount for buying the beast there, bringing the price to $185. I am giving up the rear seat that was on the bag, but i don't have a lot of riders anyway besides the beagles, and they can ride in front of me on the storage compartment after adding something for their paws to grip on.

I hope your Kodiak treats you well and that you have lots of good, safe fun on it.

Welcome to the forum!

: )B

Registered
I don't think you can go wrong with a winch or a rear box from Yamaha.
Those two items will come in quite handy.

Special note...if you ever intend to install a front mounted Provantage plow from Warn just know that there are two different winch mounts from Warn, but only one of them works for that setup so make sure to get the right one so you don't have to redo the winch later.

Super Moderator
I put my old faded out ITP seat/bag onto my 16 that I took off my 2000 Kodiak.

I keep looking for a new bag but none of the new ones will work for me. Plus most of them are made out of a plastic material that will crack and break apart in a short time if left in the sun.

Also this is one place that I think that Yamaha is lacking. While the box on top will hold a great deal of stuff up to 9 lbs/4Kg a extra box on the rear end under the fender would add a great deal to the machine. Also on the bigger rear boxes you have to be real careful if you do any trail riding in steep terrine where a possibility of a roll over comes into play. I like to avoid these type of boxes completely just for the roll over factor. Plus they usually hold 10x more stuff than you really need for the outing or for a extended time out on the trails. Things usually get stuffed into them and then just left there. I have a friend that has a old Polaris that has one of these type boxes on the rear rack. Just the other day he found stuff that he hadn't seen in a number of years while looking for something else in the box.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts