Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here! Really happy with my first "real" ATV..... have 2003 Recon that has been bulletproof.

I plan on doing trails and am thinking that the stock protection for the fenders and underside may not suffice? Dont really see mention of 2021 on some sites for access. What year did the Kodiak 700 change? Is it the same as 2019? 2020? Etc?

My son is a welder so any links on home made or other would be nice as well.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
4 Posts
Congratulations. I have the green version. I only have about 20 miles on mine and haven't had any issues with hitting anything. Haven't seen much on sites for the 2021 and I'm not sure what fits either. I do know there is some protection items right on yamahas site but gets pretty pricy.

·
Grizzled Mod
182 Posts
Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the forum. You'll definitely be safe purchasing anything for a Kodiak 700 with year 2019+. 2016-2018 most likely have the same or very similar frame but there was a different engine, 708cc.

I've never seen project plans for DIY skids on here or the Grizzly forum, doesn't mean they don't exist, I've just never seen them.

Reactions: tech97elec

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
New here! Really happy with my first "real" ATV..... have 2003 Recon that has been bulletproof.

I plan on doing trails and am thinking that the stock protection for the fenders and underside may not suffice? Dont really see mention of 2021 on some sites for access. What year did the Kodiak 700 change? Is it the same as 2019? 2020? Etc?

Thanks guys
View attachment 10302
If you get the snowplow mid-mount,you can bolt extra steel in the holes they have drilled . It hangs down an inch but you get a steel skid plate protection under the engine,Oil filter.Im in the process of doing this to mine.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Welcome , and nice bear. You’ll be happy with the kodiak , all the reliability of your Honda with enough H/P to have fun .

·
Registered
823 Posts
Beautiful quad! Love the orange colour

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys! Ill keep all that in mind and come up with something in the future. I guess it will be fine as long as my boys dont get a hold of it. RedRocket....that will help. MarshMaster, post up when your done.
Vincent, when i saw the color online.... i knew I had to have that one!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Love that Orange hue. FULL ZOOT! as we used to say.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I love the orange so much I bought one too. I got it the first part of November and have been busy with the holidays and haven't ridden it as much as I want to. I updated from a 05 rancher. It is such a smoother ride and the power is no comparison.

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
I love the orange so much I bought one too. I got it the first part of November and have been busy with the holidays and haven't ridden it as much as I want to. I updated from a 05 rancher. It is such a smoother ride and the power is no comparison.
I upgraded from a 04 rancher 400at, what a difference.When im on a long road and start opening the throttle it puts a smile on my face.The rancher never did that..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Then you can understand my step.... 2003 Recon 250 2 wheel drive. I will say though, you can swing that lil recon around tight trees and tight bends waaaay easier. My son dusted me bc of the dense 3 to 5 inch trees... i couldn't fit AND cracked the damned footrest already 🙁. Searching for replacement, was brand new!

·
Registered
2018 Kodiak 700 EPS
10 Posts
Then you can understand my step.... 2003 Recon 250 2 wheel drive. I will say though, you can swing that lil recon around tight trees and tight bends waaaay easier. My son dusted me bc of the dense 3 to 5 inch trees... i couldn't fit AND cracked the damned footrest already 🙁. Searching for replacement, was brand new!
Gorgeous color and now it's broke in.

·
Super Moderator
378 Posts
The first scratch hurts the most..
I wish i put the first scratch on my 2018 SE tactical black...... Damn raccoon dug his claws in left rear fender climbing up on my bike to get at the nearby bird feeder.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Me too... They get in the garage through the cat door and run wild looking for food. I've been lucky with mostly just giant paw prints. I try to keep it covered so it doesn't matter...

·
Registered
6 Posts

Thanks guys
View attachment 10302
I ordered one and I am waiting for the first one ever to hit the lakes region of new hampshire.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Love my 700 in desert tan/camo but the Orange with Gray tank is to my eye the best looking version to date. Thought of the McClaren 720S in Orange that I saw in Sydney Australia. Truly a beautiful look and hopefully you won't be mistaken for a ' Trophy ' by our hunting brothers.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts