Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a Napa brand power sport battery. Anyone have any experience with the napa batteries? Any good? The original battery is 270 cca. Thanks

·
Registered
561 Posts
I have used them in cars with great success and long life. I am sure their Powersports battery is top notch. My auto repair shop swears by them.

·
Super Moderator
1,888 Posts
The battery in my 2000 Kodiak lasted until I sold it in 2017. I have no idea if the new owner changed it.

By the way it was the factory battery.

Keep us updated on that AGM one

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think everything was made much better back then Jim. It seems like Quality of most products has been in steady decline for quite some time now.

·
Super Moderator
1,888 Posts
It really surprised me at how long it lasted.

I have always said that batteries are a crap shoot. You can get a good one, a bad one, or who know what when you pull one off of the shelf.

I drive a diesel truck with two group 64 batteries in it. The originals lasted 9 years, the second ones lasted 6 and the ones that I have in it now are going on 9 years. But I have seen bad ones right out of the store.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When I started to remove the original battery,I found the positive post literally melted away. It appears that the positive had become loose and arced out. I've had no issues thus far with the new one. I checked every wire I could for issues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts