Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my Kodiak a week or so ago, I have already installed a KFI Stealth 3500 lb winch, KFI 54” Open Trail plow, and battery tender. I bought this Kodiak for plowing my driveway and ice fishing in the winter. In the spring, summer and fall it will be for trail riding on our family land, and running quick errands in town.

I plan on installing a windshield (don’t know which brand togo with? Any recommendations would be appreciated) Heated grips (Heat Demon) and next spring I’ll be installing skid plates & A-arm protectors.

I am a ice fisherman, and over on the In-depth outdoors forum, I see a lot of people talking about the Otter Monster Box and I can not for the life of me find pictures of a Yamaha Kodiak with one installed. Anyone here have one installed? And if so would you mind posting some pics? I am hesitant to pull the trigger on purchasing one without seeing how big they look on the Kodiak. Plenty of pics of them on Sportsman’s.

Thank you

·
Registered
571 Posts
You're welcome, this would be great for many things, but a but cumbersome in the narrow areas of the woods.

·
Super Moderator
924 Posts
I couldn't imagine driving a bike with that gigantic thing on the back of it. It might be fine if you drove your pick up to the edge of the lake I'm loaded the bike and drove to your fishing spot on the ice but if you're like 99% of the people I have to travel to the woods to get to a really good Lake you're not going to one that monster on the back

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: MarshMaster

·
Super Moderator
1,869 Posts
Heck, I wouldn't even think of driving a ATV out on a lake where I ice fish. Way too many slush pockets along with snow usually. I have seen way too many snow machines stuck out there to even think about it.

·
Super Moderator
924 Posts
Heck, I wouldn't even think of driving a ATV out on a lake where I ice fish. Way too many slush pockets along with snow usually. I have seen way too many snow machines stuck out there to even think about it.
Never had an issue with atv or truck out on the ice. Bike does better than a sled in the slush if they come to a stop. When the sled is cruising no issue but lose momentum they are usually screwed.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The monster box would just be for ice fishing, not trail riding, I would remove it during the spring.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts