Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got my Jbs hot rod sheave with od weights. Watched video on how it was recommended to grease and used ultramatic in center hole of primary. I went ahead and did the same. I now have seen an updated video where the other version of yamalube grease is being used. Anyone else out there do what I did? Should I be concerned or just run it and put the right stuff to it when I get around to doing a cleaning? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I wish he'd remove that old video!
Nearly got me.

I'd clean it out and redo it the right way otherwise you could end up with some issue in the near future ,or you could call him and ask...what's the harm?

I just bought three custom tools from a guy in Canada that helps torque the pri sheave bolt, the sec sheave bolt, and another that is a spring compressor for the secondary spring removal and sheave disassembly.
It'll be there for my future services. but I couldn't wait and guessed the torque with the air wrench after seeing others do it....and a drop or two of medium locktite.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok. Looks like apart it comes. I imagine he had been running the ultramatic in the center on his own rigs until someone told him otherwise. I too saw the holding tools and will be copying them when I have the opportunity. Thanks for the push. Sometimes I need to hear it from someone else otherwise I’ll convince myself to be lazy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts