Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to upgrade my clutch here soon on my 2017 SE. I am looking to run a larger tire and not have any power loss. I'm curious as to which clutch kit is better the JBS Hot Rod Clutch Kit or the EPI Sport Utility Kit.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
99 Posts
Without trying both it's hard to know for sure. I can say this, lots of guys just recommend buying your own weights, spring, and shim. For example, 18 gr. weights, purple spring, 1.5 mm shim. Just what I've read and heard. Cheers

·
Registered
12 Posts
no i didnt get the slug kit, i have the 16g od's and purple spring, in 2 wd i spins quite a bit more when you pin it, but in 4wd it hauls some serious a$$, i thought it was going to make it faster or at least stay the same speed (considering it states on their website that it gives more top end and that i read that someone could hit 70mph on his 2014 grizzly) i only got to like 95-96 kph, but other than that its pretty sick, what does the slug kit even do?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The guy that designed the JBS setup said he would top out at 55 mph on his Rhino 700 before doing the hot rod clutch setup and now he gets like 69 mph. Hes hot a video of him testing it after installing the kit.
They say that the slug kit makes the wet clutch grip harder, last longer and ultimatley add more horsepower to the wheels.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts