Yamaha Kodiak 700 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone. Well I got it, an orange 700 SE. No discounts on this thing, I paid list for it. Market is nuts lol. This is my first ATV. Ive taken over maintaining our family property in WV where my dad had a Polaris Ranger that did most of what we needed. Recently in the past year my coworkers have started helping me clean the property up and we really needed another vehicle to get around with - and I wanted to grab an ATV to go ride the trails with my friends.

Anyway, looking for a recommendation on a winch plate and winch. Dealer wanted close to $700 for it installed. Any other recommendations on what I should buy/modify on it from the get go? Someone mentioned something about the airbox and a breather vent.

Was a crazy process. My friend sat in the truck when I was doing the paperwork on the unit. 7 trucks came in with trailers to trade something in and get something new, and 18 ATV/UTV's came and went and got loaded on trailers. Felt like black friday shopping haha.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Plant Car Vehicle
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
19 Kodiak SE, Backcountry Blue, 27” Reptiles, 1” wheel spacers, 20* weights, shims, purple spring
379 Posts
Congrats!
Might check out KFI and Superwinch. Last time I checked Superwinch was sold out though.
My first mod was tires. But you may like the super-comfy ride of stock. My machine spins the Reptiles from 5-30 mph without touching the airbox. But some guys find that extra hp by poking holes in it for more air flow. Maybe 1 day I will too.
If you want it to feel peppy, change the CVT weights for Grizzly weights. Immediately feels like a hoss!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats!
Might check out KFI and Superwinch. Last time I checked Superwinch was sold out though.
My first mod was tires. But you may like the super-comfy ride of stock. My machine spins the Reptiles from 5-30 mph without touching the airbox. But some guys find that extra hp by poking holes in it for more air flow. Maybe 1 day I will too.
If you want it to feel peppy, change the CVT weights for Grizzly weights. Immediately feels like a hoss!
I was looking at the Superwinch Terra 25, I see its on ebay for $260

·
Registered
361 Posts
She sure is purtty. You don't have to do anything, that machine will do everything you ask of it. I put all that crap on mine just to personalise it..

·
Registered
2021 Kodak 700 eps
16 Posts
Hey everyone. Well I got it, an orange 700 SE. No discounts on this thing, I paid list for it. Market is nuts lol. This is my first ATV. Ive taken over maintaining our family property in WV where my dad had a Polaris Ranger that did most of what we needed. Recently in the past year my coworkers have started helping me clean the property up and we really needed another vehicle to get around with - and I wanted to grab an ATV to go ride the trails with my friends.

Anyway, looking for a recommendation on a winch plate and winch. Dealer wanted close to $700 for it installed. Any other recommendations on what I should buy/modify on it from the get go? Someone mentioned something about the airbox and a breather vent.

Was a crazy process. My friend sat in the truck when I was doing the paperwork on the unit. 7 trucks came in with trailers to trade something in and get something new, and 18 ATV/UTV's came and went and got loaded on trailers. Felt like black friday shopping haha.

View attachment 10996 View attachment 10997 View attachment 10999
Congratulations! That is a beautiful bike! Love the copperhead colour 🤟

·
Registered
Yamaha 2021 Kodiak 450eps se Yamaha 2020 WR250r
13 Posts
That is a nice color, I bought my Kodiak in January 2021 and had to go up near Williamsport PA to get the specific model I wanted. It was the closest in stock unit available at that time. I have bought Warn winches with mounting kits on Amazon for other atv's that were between $250 and $300 but that was a couple of years back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts